1920's Army officer Sam Brown belt rig

robinb

Here's my 1920's Army Officer Sam Brown belt rig. Anything that's maker marked is JQMD and dated in the 1920's. The leather canteen cover is my favorite piece of this outfit.

belt_1.JPG

belt_2.JPG

MattOravik

OMG a leather canteen cover? I must have one! Are there any markings on the canteen cover?

-Matt.

There are no markings on the cover. It also has the 5 loops around the sides to permit its use as a mounted cover by adding a strap. No strap came with it when I found it.

bmbrzmn101

Robin, Your collection never ceases to amaze me. I too never new there was a leather canteen cover. Amazing!!

Chris

BTW, if you could adopt me or remember me in your will(esp.. with regards to your USMC items) I would appreciate it. :D

Chris

everforward

That is one of the coolest rigs I have EVER seen. :w00t:

The leather canteen cover is fabulous.

Corpsmancollector

I've only just seen this thread and what a phenomenal rig! I too have never seen a leather canteen cover before, incredible!

I too will chime in on the freaking, yet amazing leather canteen cover! That is the most pimp-daddy cavalry/senior officer item if I ever did see it! I like how it is set up for both dismounted AND mounted use (even the regulation canvas ones couldn't do that)! I wounder which company was making and marketing them (or WAS is arsenal made...hmmmm)?

Could we bother you for some more detailed pictures of just the cover? ;-)

Chris Fischer

F-Troop

Years ago I saw a catalog from the 1920's that had a similar canteen cover listed for sale to Officers. I don't know what company it was from.

• 10 months later...
troop 186 man
post-61-1278040965.jpg

it looks like it has both the mounted and unmounted set up ive never seen a cover like this and its just AMAZING to say the least :w00t: