Pete-o MSU's finds

Pete-o MSU

Ok i found these in local antique stores today, for the grand sum of 100 dollars I was happy :D . The uniform was found last week at a garage sale and the owner gave me the address to where the uniform was purchased so I can get the name of the individual.

The silver star is a slot brooch, and numbered 67814. I am not a medal expert but is this traceble? Can some one please help me with this, I would appreciate it, THANKS!

I am not a knife expert either but it is engraved U.S. M4 Camillus I paid 40 Dollars for it.

How did I do?

Thanks

Pete-o

post-236-1185483523.jpg

That particular Silver Star will not be traceable. Did it come with the Ike? I can see the Ike doesnt have a SS ribbon, but that does not always mean anything,

Kurt

No it did not come with the ike, dang. It was only 30 bucks so i figured i should buy in case it was. How can you tell what numbers are traceable, and what era they came from?

No it did not come with the ike, dang. How can you tell what numbers are traceable, and what era they came from?

It is hit or miss on WWII SS's . There is no " published list" of traceable SS's but some folks have copies of GO's that list some of them. SS's numbered below @ 11,000 are generally all named and are mostly WWI awards issued between 1932-1941 . Silver Stars numbered after @ 11,000 were awarded during WWII or Later . The first run of SS's was the BB&B contract and they run up to @ 50,000 . All of the numbered SS's not made by BB&B were manufactured during WWII. Many of them were not issued until later though. Many were sold as surplus including medals in the same number range you have. I saw a box of 100 one time numbered in the 6X, XXX number range at a show once.

Kurt

CNY Militaria

For $30, you still did extremely well. That is a sweet jacket as well...ther collar discs are reversed however.

It is hit or miss on WWII SS's . There is no " published list" of traceable SS's but some folks have copies of GO's that list some of them. SS's numbered below @ 11,000 are generally all named and are WWI awards issued between 1932-1941 . Silver Stars numbered after @ 11,000 were awarded during WWII or Later . The first run of SS's was the BB&B contract and they run up to @ 50,000 . All of the numbered SS's not made by BB&B were manufactured during WWII. Many of them were not issued until later though. Many were sold as surplus including medals in the same number range you have. I saw a box of 100 one time numbered in the 6X, XXX number range at a show once.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt I will remember that information next time! I apprecitate it!

Oh jeez I didn't notice the collar discsc, the guy brought the coat out from behind the counter because he hadnt put it out yet. When I saw it i bought it instantly. I will flip flop them thanks Schottzie

Infantry, two crossed rifles, sorry for the bad pic. There is an arrowhead on the Asian Pacific medal too, it is hard to tell from the pic.

• 1 month later...

Hey being in a new city now I hit up some local antique stores and came away with some goodies at an extremely good price. First up is the helmet, this is the first helmet I have bought and it was only 40 bucks. I believe it is a WWII helmet, but correct me if I am wrong. It has the seem on the front, and the liner is marked with a little shield with an "F" in it then A21 written below it. Is the F for firestone liner? DOes it look correct for a WWII helmet?

post-236-1189207027.jpg

jeremiahcable

I think you did pretty well Pete. The lid does look like a nice WW2 piece and the liner is a Firestone. Do the wings have a maker mark?

Jeremiah

The wings are just marked "sterling." I don't see any other marks on them, the mark is near the base of the the pin.

Pete,

Nice catch, the Navigator is WWII, unmarked Amcraft , I think you did very well for 150.00

Paul

Pete,

Nice catch, the Navigator is WWII, unmarked Amcraft , I think you did very well for 150.00

Paul

Thanks Paul for the information, is Amcraft a rare maker?