Cut Edge Desert Patches

AndrewA74

These aren't really cut edge desert patches and I don't normally pay any attention to modern Air Force stuff, but I thought these were neat. They came strait from the alterations shop on Sather Air Base, Baghdad.

447th Air Expeditionary Group and USAF Security Forces beret patch. The last one has me stumped as they don't wear berets over here. The shop had them with velcro and without velcro, so someone must be wearing them on SOMETHING? Both are cut edge.

post-781-1188812969.jpg

And last for the day, a variation of the 82nd ABN patch. The one in the back is one I posted a few weeks ago. On top of it is another one made the same way, only considerably smaller.

post-781-1188813302.jpg

Laury Allison
49th MP Brigade, 14th MP Brigade, and one that I can't ID yet. All in ACU colors and all cut edge.

The 3rd one is the 35th Engineer Brigade.

Laury

Here's some Theatre Made 18th ABN Corps and matching tabs. I cut these off the uniforms. The one tab's backing came off when I cut the patch off. Can anyone tell me where these were made? Enjoy!

Andrew

post-889-1189283579.jpg

post-889-1189283615.jpg

Here's some Theatre Made 18th ABN Corps and matching tabs. I cut these off the uniforms. The one tab's backing came off when I cut the patch off. Can anyone tell me where these were made? Enjoy!

Andrew

Unless that uniform was totally trashed, you will probably regret this someday.

Here is a neat photo I found on the internet the other day showing a door gunner on a CH-47 over Baghdad. Supposidly the picture has been taken with in the last year. Note he is wearing a reversed 1st CAV patch on the sleeve of his tan flight suit. You don't see these very often anymore.

Vance

post-781-1189444800.jpg

I traded these patches with US collectors that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. I also have a couple that was picked up by Norwegian soldiers serving in Afghanistan along with US troops.

Erik

Reversed (combat patch side) XVIII Airborne Coprs patch with out the usual brown border, ACU pattern XVIII ABN Corps with odd rounded corners, error (?) XVIII ABN Corps with no eye on the dragoon and smaller than usual.

post-781-1190381388.jpg

Man, you guys are killing me with some of these variations! There are some extremely nice patches being posted here.

NorBn Those are some really great hand guided patches. When you say you acquired some from Norwegian soldiers serving in Afghanistan, are you talking about souvenir US patches or Norwegian contingent patches? I would love to see some of the Norwegian varieties if you want to slip them into this thread.

Vance I'm guessing you're going for the most complete T/M patch collection to come out of Iraq during this war. So far, what you've shown in this thread would make one heck of a wall display of the patches worn there, but I'm guessing it isn't even half of what you've accumulated. Have you been picking up Iraqi Army and Police patches to compliment the US ones you've found? Are you snapping pics of the alteration shops at the FOB's you've made it to?

Gary

'patchtrader864', thanks for the ID, I figured it had something to do with JAG. For some reason I never thought to bring one of the patch guides with me to Iraq, boy was that a mistake! :-)

Here are some more for your viewing pleasure:

3 very different versions of the 205th MI Brigade.

post-781-1190446893.jpg