Cut Edge Desert Patches

AndrewA74

This is a short article from LEATHERNECK Magazine dated OCT 2004 explaining the use of USMC patches by Army troops.

post-5-1188397202.jpg

post-5-1188397209.jpg

post-5-1188397214.jpg

post-5-1188397219.jpg

post-5-1188397224.jpg

I have one of these DCUs Psyops with "Incountry made" 1st Mar Div Combat patch. I pulled it out a huge box a DCUs at Ft Bragg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Some new finds of mine. Most of these were cheap, around a buck. The 42nd ID (Rainbow Division) was on a DCU, I asked the price, and it was a bit pricy (for my budget LOL) and she noticed me eyeing the patch (It was a combat patch), and she asked me if I was interested in it, I said yes, she said, let me get the knife. What do ya know? A free Iraqi made patch! All of these are Iraqi made EXCEPT the 1st MARDIV which I believe to be Kuwaiti. It has the "Dryer sheet" backing. The AMC may be Iraqi, I am not sure. think.gif . All have been sewed on, except the 1st MARDIV.

Andrew

post-889-1220744288.jpg

post-889-1220744439.jpg

And some more...the first picture, everything on the uniform is theatre made. Too bad they stripped the unit insignia and name. pinch.gif

Andrew

Anyone seen Heady506th?

post-889-1220906894.jpg

post-889-1220906935.jpg

Been busy on my off time taking an online college course though I did go out and get a few more patches due to requests. The link is below though I doubt I will be selling anymore after this month as I redeploy back to the states shortly after that. My apologies to anyone who has tried to IM me as I have been busy with my studies on line. I do still read my email so if you need to contact me best to use it instead.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dnkosovo

Been busy on my off time taking an online college course though I did go out and get a few more patches due to requests. The link is below though I doubt I will be selling anymore after this month as I redeploy back to the states shortly after that. My apologies to anyone who has tried to IM me as I have been busy with my studies on line. I do still read my email so if you need to contact me best to use it instead.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dnkosovo

Hi,

Good to hear that you are OK. Best of luck over there. You are in my prayers.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew I appreciate it. I only have one of those tan 101st left its on ebay under seller dnkosovo with a buy it now for anyone who wanted one.

OIF4.jpg

Thanks Andrew I appreciate it. I only have one of those tan 101st left its on ebay under seller dnkosovo with a buy it now for anyone who wanted one.

OIF4.jpg

Nice picture! What is the cylinder beside the field phone? A flashlight?

Andrew

Yes Andrew that is a flashlight I forget the name of it but it is one of the high speed ones that gives off very little light and cannot be seen with NVG's from your foe. Got it in a trade at JRTC. Its great to do map spots with at night.

I have a few patches ending in the next few days some with a buy it now for those interested check link below. Keep in mind I leave here in a month and am PCSing away from the 101st next June to an OC job so this months auctions will be the last from over here with current OIF 101st provenance.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdnkosovo

• 2 weeks later...
And the following are mystery patches. Why a 119th "Ghost" division patch? Thats the last of them.

The one to the left on the bottom row is for the Danish Prince Life Rgt, here is the original:

post-999-1222712279.jpg

post-999-1222712465.jpg

Stopped at the local surplus shop today. They have been busy ripping insignia off of the uniforms that came in! They looked at me like I was from Mars when I said I was interested in the uniforms WITH their original patches still on! Anyway, in their $1.00 box, I picked up the following SSIs:

post-203-1222973762.jpg

post-203-1222973766.jpg

Stopped at the local surplus shop today. They have been busy ripping insignia off of the uniforms that came in! They looked at me like I was from Mars when I said I was interested in the uniforms WITH their original patches still on! Anyway, in their $1.00 box, I picked up the following SSIs:

Hi,

Nice finds! The 82nd looks Taiwanese. The 3rd is definatly Iraqi. The rest are US of course.

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Andy here is that 187th theater made one I told you about. This is one of four in existence at this time.

DSCF1824.jpg

DSCF1818.jpg

Here is the reason we made them.

Much like the other PIR have pocket patches etc.... We in the 187th have kept the RCT patch as our symbol we use it at all functions, letterhead, also wear on our t-shirts, hats, etc....most soldiers are given U.S. made examples upon return from the war zone. Here is our monument at Ft Campbell.....that you see below......

This is the Rakkasan Pylon where the list of the fallen since ww2 up to OIF are listed.

l_f092be149c7c5df06e2e30c13b0d28ed.jpg

Hello,

One of my good friends in Iraq sent me these today from COB SPEICHER. I love them, and I'm putting them onn my personal ACU uniform...

Andrew

Chairborne anyone?

post-889-1225935378.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-3287-1226807926.jpg

Yes, it may appear as though I am copying my good friend Drewster's patches, but facts are mine were ordered first and just took longer to get here...

making Drewster is the Xerox Feline (that's copycat for you less cool folks) hapy0004.gif

Personally I just love the irony of a theater made tab that says "Infidel" whistling.gif