Found this Official Navy Uniform with Boy Scout Insignia

pacressman

pacressman

post-1952-1277947307.jpgpost-1952-1277947307.jpgFound this uniform at a 2nd hand shop. Inside the coat it says Official Navy Uniform. Check out the Boy Scout insignia on the sleeve and Gold Stars on Felt .

Small gold wing insignia. All insignias have a small screw back.

post-1952-1277947397.jpg

It's a Sea Scouts uniform...I believe they were part of the Explorer Scouts. I've got one of these in my collection that my dad bought at a thrift store 20+ years ago because it fit him. :lol: I think on the right hand side it should say "Sea Scouts BSA" or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it is, and not sure where mine is stored at the moment.

Hope that helps.

Dave (former Eagle Scout)

I used to be a Sea Scout! We had a 65' mine tender and would sail it about the sacramento river and San Francisco Bay. :-)

Dave

It's a Sea Scouts uniform...I believe they were part of the Explorer Scouts. I've got one of these in my collection that my dad bought at a thrift store 20+ years ago because it fit him. :lol: I think on the right hand side it should say "Sea Scouts BSA" or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it is, and not sure where mine is stored at the moment.

Hope that helps.

There is no such thing as a FORMER Eagle Scout!

G

Hope that helps.

Dave nailed it! :thumbsup: It's most definitely a Sea Scouts uniform and yes they are a part of the Boy Scouts Of America.

Though, I'm not sure where it should say Sea Scouts. :think: It could be anywhere.

Oh and Dave, You're never a Former Eagle, You'll always be an Eagle.

-Nick

Life Scout

(Workign on Eagle scout! :lol: )

Dave nailed it! :thumbsup: It's most definitely a Sea Scouts uniform and yes they are a part of the Boy Scouts Of America.

Though, I'm not sure where it should say Sea Scouts. :think: It could be anywhere.

Oh and Dave, You're never a Former Eagle, You'll always be an Eagle.

(awww crud, double posted :thumbdown:)

-Nick

Life Scout

(Working on Eagle scout! :lol: )

Actually, Sea Scouting is part of the Venturing program today. Explorers are more career oriented -- "learning for Life" related.

G

Actually, Sea Scouting is part of the Venturing program today. Explorers are more career oriented -- "learning for Life" related.

G

Well, I guess I need to do more research about the Sea Scouts :think:

"Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and have completed the eighth grade and under 21 years of age. Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults."

"In 1998, the Boy Scouts of America reorganized the Exploring program into the Learning for Life Exploring program and the new Venturing Division. Sea Exploring was placed in the Venturing Division and was renamed Sea Scouts."