M-1912 summer uniform

hawkdriver

While in San Antonio on my four day pass before leaving on deployment, we were passing by an antique store that had held some fine treasures the last time I was here. I decided to stop in and was a little dismayed that their selection of goodies was not as rich as it was in the past. I was looking at the uniforms and underneath a German dress tunic, I saw some Khaki sticking out and a 35th div collar device. I saw the price tag and moved on. Later in the day, my mind started working and I decided to stop by on the way out of town, not to buy the uniform, but convince myself that it wasn't worth the price.

When I went back in the next day, I found out that the uniform also was that of a 1SG in the 35th div, which I kinda collect, being in the 35th Div myself. Here is what I walked out with.

29xt2y0.jpg

htgysp.jpg

2rzt5jo.jpg

o8yzjs.jpg

That's what happens when you don't know collar insignias very well and you don't have your computer for research. Quick check shows that this unit fought a battle on the US border at Nogales New Mexico 27 August, 1918. Thanks for the correction Gil, may just have to change my display around to show the home front war now that I have a uniform for it.