Show your Rarest or Favorite Uniforms!

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul C,

That is a killer A-2! Please let us see more pics of this grouping!!!

---Chris

Kurt,

You know that uniform/group is awesome! I hope folks realize just how rare seeing a group like that is. Kurt, thanks for sharing.

Paul C I don't mean to minimize the historical importance of yours either! Well done!

Currahee!

Jake Powers

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Here is one of my more favorite uniforms. Found at Goodwill....it was tagged as "Army shirt...1.00"

post-271-1168653859.jpg

Doesn't really look like much. Yellow paint stain on the sleeve, nice 18th A/B Corps patch, cloth A/B wings....but look closer :)

post-271-1168653943.jpg

Combat patch for the Dominican Republic Invasion!!!

According to the lady at the counter, there were other

uniforms that had an "AA" patch on them, bought by some

kids the day before.....grrrr...but I shouldn't complain :)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

After having a double bypass this past year, it's time to downsize and pass along much of my 'stuff'. I've had my fun, now it is someone elses turn.

This one is nice, looks like the vet just came home, and hung it in the closet. Air Medal, BS w/cluster....CIB...some of the attachments have been lost from the ribbons, but I rather like this one. Got it from Mr Lipps about a year ago, was originally going to try and sell it...but then decided, what the heck, it kinda grew on me LOL.

post-271-1168654461.jpg

post-271-1168654528.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

After having a double bypass this past year, it's time to downsize and pass along much of my 'stuff'. I've had my fun, now it is someone elses turn.

Here is a 4 pocket EM uniform that belonged to Lester Hegland of F/506th and HQ 2/506th PIR of the 101st Airborne Division. Hegland was SWA during the "Battle of Bloody Gultch" outside Carentan on June 13th of 1944. He was shot through the throat and left for dead. He did not return to the Division. **note the overseas hat does not belong to Mr. Hegland...It was just used for the photo**

post-261-1168702438.jpg

post-261-1168702504.jpg

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Hello all, very interesting seeing all these jackets in fellow members collections, and thanks to them for showing the items.

Here's one I would like to post, the reason being it's about one of three that I bought for my collection direct from the original owner. The jump suit belong to Richard K. Yardley, born 1921, Virginia, enlisted at Camp Blanding Florida, member of 508th Parachute Inf. Reg.. I bought this from Mr Yardley at one of the shows I went to in the states about 8-10 years ago I think, the photograph shows Mr Yardley holding it at the time I bought it. ( Lewis )

post-344-1168807219.jpg

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

Here's one I would like to post, the reason being it's about one of three that I bought for my collection direct from the original owner. The jump suit belong to Richard K. Yardley, born 1921, Virginia, enlisted at Camp Blanding Florida, member of 508th Parachute Inf. Reg.. The attached photograph shows Mr Yardleys 508th PIR membership card laid on the pocket of the jump jacket. ( Lewis )

p.s. Here is a spooky little coincidence Mr Yardleys first three digets of his army serial number are the same as my membership number for this forum, '344'. oooh spooky !!!

post-344-1168807877.jpg

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

This one is probably my favorite combat uniform- a reenforced jump suit kitted out for the Normandy jump.

The Limey para on the right side of the photo is on a negro mannequin as the British forces didn't segregate their army the way the Americans did. The kitted out paratrooper on the left is actually the costume Ted Danson wore in SPR. I've added a Bob Bashaw parachute to the mannequin as as not to stress my original chute or an original suit.

Allan

post-151-1168810434.jpg

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

post-344-1168810721.jpgHello again, here is another of my favourite uniforms. It is a jacket and shirt both belonging to Victor. V. Luna, D Co. 2nd Btn. 506th Paracute Inf. Reg. The jacket and shirt both have white tounge 101st Airborne patches on the left shoulder and 1st Allied Airborne on the right shoulder. Of interest is the fact that his middle initial was the letter ' V ' and he has ground his jacket jump wings with the shape of a V. ( Lewis )

Here is a close up of the ' V ' shaped jump wings of Victor. V. Luna, 506th PIR

post-344-1168810865.jpg

post-387-1168828038.jpg

Here is Gen Wainwright's ribbon bar off of his uniform.

WOW!!!!

First rate, and two MoH's to boot. Can you get a photo of this rack without the glare?? Please.... :)

Simply incredible. How did you come about these? Thanks.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

The first ribbon is USA MOH. Second, Philippine medal of valor photo here. This is the only uniform I have personally ever seen one on. Has any body else seen one?

post-387-1168832686.jpg

:) I meant you have two uniforms with MoH's. I'd love to see this Wainwright full length.

Thanks!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

Holy crap man, how did you get all of those? I am going to stop collecting now, looks like you bought up everything already... :)

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif