Show your Rarest or Favorite Uniforms!

CNY Militaria

Like the uniforms so far keep it up! Daan you might guess that jump jacket has my interest tweeked! Here is an Ike from Frank Reis HQ 2/506th PIR of the 101st AB. Reis was commander the MG section of the Heavy Weapons of 2/506th. His ribbons are all individual one ribbon bars and his wings are English made with one combat star. It was Reis' MGs that supported the famous E Company attack on the dike in Holland and again during the attack into Foy at Bastogne. Reis would be SWA at Bastogne.

post-261-1168274030.jpg

Maybe a stupid question, but where is SWA standing for? blushing.gif

Not a stupid question at all. SWA = Seriously Wounded in Action.

Hope this helps.

Jake Powers

Kurt Barickman

Military_stuff_446.jpgH/501 Grouping

This is one of my favorites and some may have seen this before but I don't get tired of showing this one. This belongedt to 1st Lt. Glenn F. Janitz who hailed from Minnesota. He was a platoon leader in Hog Company, third battalion, 501 Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division. He jumped into Normandy and was KIA between Schindel and Eerde during Market Garden on Sept. 20, 1944.

Kurt Barickman

another, clearer shot

Military_stuff_400.jpg

Kurt,

I've seen this one before on another forum, but I certainly will not tire of viewing it again.

This is a beautiful A-2 with a monster 501 patch.

The condition of this fine piece looks to be exceptional.

Thanks for showing this jacket again as I can't say enough good things about it.

Brian

Hi Mate,

Very nice jacket! Is that a grouping from one person (ID'ed)?

Regards,

Daan S

Hi Daan,

Thanks!!

The 82nd A/B Class A Major coat has private tailor tag with no name assoicated with it.

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Well here is one of my favorites, it's part of a huge group I acquired directly from the the estate. The jacket belonged to Silver Star winner Theodore W. ''Ted'' Sorensen 723rd Bomb Squadron. The A2 is great by itself, but he was also the guy who is credited with designing the squadron insignia. Also posted is the "submission" patch , named and dated on the back!

post-182-1168618086.jpg

post-182-1168618105.jpg

post-182-1168618128.jpg

post-182-1168618148.jpg

This is the "original" patch!

Paul C,

That is a killer A-2! Please let us see more pics of this grouping!!!

---Chris

Kurt,

You know that uniform/group is awesome! I hope folks realize just how rare seeing a group like that is. Kurt, thanks for sharing.

Paul C I don't mean to minimize the historical importance of yours either! Well done!

Currahee!

Jake Powers

Here is one of my more favorite uniforms. Found at Goodwill....it was tagged as "Army shirt...1.00"

post-271-1168653859.jpg

Doesn't really look like much. Yellow paint stain on the sleeve, nice 18th A/B Corps patch, cloth A/B wings....but look closer :)

post-271-1168653943.jpg

Combat patch for the Dominican Republic Invasion!!!

According to the lady at the counter, there were other

uniforms that had an "AA" patch on them, bought by some

kids the day before.....grrrr...but I shouldn't complain :)

This one is nice, looks like the vet just came home, and hung it in the closet. Air Medal, BS w/cluster....CIB...some of the attachments have been lost from the ribbons, but I rather like this one. Got it from Mr Lipps about a year ago, was originally going to try and sell it...but then decided, what the heck, it kinda grew on me LOL.

post-271-1168654461.jpg

post-271-1168654528.jpg

Here is a 4 pocket EM uniform that belonged to Lester Hegland of F/506th and HQ 2/506th PIR of the 101st Airborne Division. Hegland was SWA during the "Battle of Bloody Gultch" outside Carentan on June 13th of 1944. He was shot through the throat and left for dead. He did not return to the Division. **note the overseas hat does not belong to Mr. Hegland...It was just used for the photo**

post-261-1168702438.jpg

post-261-1168702504.jpg

General Apathy

Hello all, very interesting seeing all these jackets in fellow members collections, and thanks to them for showing the items.

Here's one I would like to post, the reason being it's about one of three that I bought for my collection direct from the original owner. The jump suit belong to Richard K. Yardley, born 1921, Virginia, enlisted at Camp Blanding Florida, member of 508th Parachute Inf. Reg.. I bought this from Mr Yardley at one of the shows I went to in the states about 8-10 years ago I think, the photograph shows Mr Yardley holding it at the time I bought it. ( Lewis )

post-344-1168807219.jpg

General Apathy

Here's one I would like to post, the reason being it's about one of three that I bought for my collection direct from the original owner. The jump suit belong to Richard K. Yardley, born 1921, Virginia, enlisted at Camp Blanding Florida, member of 508th Parachute Inf. Reg.. The attached photograph shows Mr Yardleys 508th PIR membership card laid on the pocket of the jump jacket. ( Lewis )

p.s. Here is a spooky little coincidence Mr Yardleys first three digets of his army serial number are the same as my membership number for this forum, '344'. oooh spooky !!!

post-344-1168807877.jpg