The Four Chaplain's medal

4STARCHRIS

• 1 year later...

I'd heard of this medal, but never actually seen a picture. Question after reading through the thread - Why are there more than the four? Seems rather odd that there would be any other than the four, when it is only awarded to four and no others. So, why can you get this medal, period?

3 hours ago, stratasfan said:

I'd heard of this medal, but never actually seen a picture. Question after reading through the thread - Why are there more than the four? Seems rather odd that there would be any other than the four, when it is only awarded to four and no others. So, why can you get this medal, period?

Good question, we need Bob Nay to answer that question. 

30 minutes ago, 644td said:

When did the Army just purchase exactly what was needed.  How many boxes (200 pcs) of unused insignia wound up sitting on shelves in surplus stores, and in homes of collectors?

2 hours ago, 644td said:

Ah . . . maybe we'll get an answer! :) 

2 hours ago, e19 said:

When did the Army just purchase exactly what was needed.  How many boxes (200 pcs) of unused insignia wound up sitting on shelves in surplus stores, and in homes of collectors?

Well, I could see them wasting resources and purchasing too many, but why would they be sold out? Something that isn't ever a "replacement" or is going to be awarded again. 

18 hours ago, stratasfan said:

Ah . . . maybe we'll get an answer! :) 

Well, I could see them wasting resources and purchasing too many, but why would they be sold out? Something that isn't ever a "replacement" or is going to be awarded again. 

Please clarify what you mean about being sold out?