WWI mirror, need help with the value.

rrobertscv

I sell consignment items on eBay and a lady brought this to me. I don't have to many WWI items in my collection and don't know the value. Any ideas about this. It did not scan good. the mirror is really shiny and reflective.

mirror.jpg

Guest cannonmn

I'm going to guess it would sell in the $10-30 range to someone trying to put together a display of WWI soldier daily life. Since it is strictly personal gear and not combat item it might be slow to sell.

I'm going to guess it would sell in the $10-30 range to someone trying to put together a display of WWI soldier daily life. Since it is strictly personal gear and not combat item it might be slow to sell.

I may just pay what she is asking and keep it myself.

I would have to agree with this. During my hours on ebay i've seen a few of these in that range, though i can't recall ever seeing one with the pouch. Perhaps that might push the price up a few $$.

• 1 year later...
I sell consignment items on eBay and a lady brought this to me. I don't have to many WWI items in my collection and don't know the value. Any ideas about this. It did not scan good. the mirror is really shiny and reflective.

mirror.jpg

This is actually a WWII signal mirror (1943 or later) - see the writeup on signal mirrors in the reference section:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2412

They've been going for $10-$20 on Ebay recently, depending on condition, whether the box is included, etc.

Over 500,000 of this variety ( Spec #40653) were ordered by the military, and they are pretty common on Ebay.

Somehow are another when I upload this mirror, it overwrote my WWI mirror. This is the image that should be with this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

WWI20Mirror.jpg