USS Fuller

kfields

I purchased this large photo of the transport USS Fuller this past week. The photo was taken before the American entry into WW2 but after the U.S. government acquired it from its' previous owner. Also came with a nice 4 page mimeographed document that appears to have been handed out to all the new crewmen. The Fuller took part in a lot of key operations in the Atlantic and the Pacific. From taking troops to Iceland as well as the first assaults on Guadalcanal.

Sorry for the crummy photography and half photo of the ship. It's a glossy image and difficult to snap but I wanted to be sure to show the flag up front. I wonder if the flag is painted ? I also wonder if it was done in this manner to advertise to the German u-boats that this particular ship belonged to a neutral America and therefore (hopefully) would not be torpedoed ? Kim

post-60-1167585089.jpg

post-60-1167585116.jpg

• 6 months later...
Guest rapprk2003

w00t.gif

I purchased this large photo of the transport USS Fuller this past week. The photo was taken before the American entry into WW2 but after the U.S. government acquired it from its' previous owner. Also came with a nice 4 page mimeographed document that appears to have been handed out to all the new crewmen. The Fuller took part in a lot of key operations in the Atlantic and the Pacific. From taking troops to Iceland as well as the first assaults on Guadalcanal.

Sorry for the crummy photography and half photo of the ship. It's a glossy image and difficult to snap but I wanted to be sure to show the flag up front. I wonder if the flag is painted ? I also wonder if it was done in this manner to advertise to the German u-boats that this particular ship belonged to a neutral America and therefore (hopefully) would not be torpedoed ? Kim

post-60-1167585089.jpg

post-60-1167585116.jpg

Would you be interested in selling your photo and documents regarding the uss fuller? My father was on this ship during world war 2, Uss Fuller APA-7 in the Pacific. I have many photos of this ship after entering service in the Navy. I have been trying to collect anything I can find about the Fuller. That would be a great addition to share with my family.