WWII USMC marked suspenders

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Okay, right out front I am saying my weakest point of militaria is field gear, so I have this question.

This afternoon we had a large foot locker group from a 1930's to just post Korea Marine Corps grouping. Lots of your normal items you find in footlockers, but these suspenders looked odd to me. They are USMC M-1936 marked, but they don't look like any of the M-1936 suspenders I see shown in any of the Marine Corps reference books.

Any information is appreciated. They just looked odd to me, but again, I am not a web gear guy.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

sus1.jpg

sus2.jpg

It's the second time, I have see these USMC M1936 USMC suspenders. I think it's for wear with the M36 Army type musette bag made in the begenning of WWII for US Marine Corps.

post-1723-1277567352.jpg

LOLUSMC

Greg Robinson
It's the second time, I have see these USMC M1936 USMC suspenders. I think it's for wear with the M36 Army type musette bag made in the begenning of WWII for US Marine Corps.

LOLUSMC

YEP......................Worn by Marine officers with the "Officer's field pack" which was an Army musset bag lookalike pre/early ww2.

greg