101st Engineers, E Company, 26th Division

316th FS 324th FG

316th FS 324th FG

I gratefully became caretaker of this wonderful grouping yesterday. The gentleman was a private (later PFC) in the 101st Engineer Regiment, part of the 26th Infantry Division. He lost his right leg on June 16th, 1918, during a German artillery barrage.

post-2463-1277240369.jpg

316th FS 324th FG

The heart is numbered (number on the box matches) and named, and was part of the Bailey, Banks and Biddle contract in 32.

post-2463-1277240428.jpg

Harry L. Sproul was "Charter" member of "E" Company 101st Engineers and was from Cherryfield, ME.

Bill

316th FS 324th FG

Thanks all. I was very pleased. Also cool to find the copy of the 101st Engineers book on google books. Now to find a hard copy of it!

For what it's worth, I have the 101st WWI history, and it's one of the better unit histories that I've read. Definitely worth it if you can find one for a price you're willing to pay.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Harry Sproul is my Great Uncle by marriage.  He was a hero to my father and his four brothers who served in WW II.  Would you be interested in selling these items to me.  I would love to have them back in the family.  Please send me an email message to [email protected] if so interested.  Many Thanks,  WW