WW1 EGA's

Hellwood

Hello to all,

A few time ago, I posted pictures from Belleau Wood museum manequin, and " Teufelhund retired " was asking me to put some close pictures of EGA, so since this topic is about USMC EGA, I put here pictures from Officer, and some interresting EGA I have in the museum, with some request for identification for Teufelhund since he is an expert in EGA and maybe some of you too....

Best to All from here Belleau Wood area...where it was very rainy today...

Hellwood

post-687-1179425192.jpg

The one on my officer tunic french made, I added this onbe because originaly on the tunic it was only the left side as pictured hereunder ( I'm looking for the right side to complete the set....)

post-687-1179425386.jpg

So this one was originaly on the tunic of 1st Lt Herreid who was officer in the 6th Marines in WW1, and fighting in France ( He came in my village on June 1st 1918 and was 1st SGT attached to Headquarter of the 6th Reg whom Hdq was established in a farm building of the village) ; So I'm looking for a right side to make a good set with this one...

post-687-1179425418.jpg

Here from another USMC forest Green officer uniform who was made in France and belonged to 1st Lt William Eddy, from Headquarter 6th Reg USMC.

Then from same uniform right side

post-687-1179425443.jpg

Herunder two more EGA from USMC officers campaign hat

post-687-1179425468.jpg

post-687-1179425495.jpg

And then the last for this post is battlefield relic

post-687-1179425521.jpg

The other are following in next mail

Hereunder other EGA and some questions for EGA experts......

post-687-1179426312.jpg

This one has a screw back

post-687-1179426339.jpg

Here very interresting French made ( not the common model !!!) USMC collar disc, color is brown ( covered with brown paint ) and screw in the back as seen hereunder

post-687-1179426359.jpg

post-687-1179426386.jpg

One more USMC officer darkened brass

The two next I'm asking about your expertise....

post-687-1179426434.jpg

This one is sometime seen on ebay for sale and dealers sell them as being USMC WW1 french made variant, what do you think ? They are repro or...???? I bought this one for a few bucks so I'll be not frustrated if its copy as I think....

post-687-1179426467.jpg

This is a curious insignia with USMC officer emblem attached ( but no pin or screw on the back, do you know this insignia and what the letters means ? I think that the end is maybe Marine Corps Association ????? I have another one the sam but with a ribbon on the broch which in yellow and red.....

Next time I'll post pictures from EGA from battlefield....

Best to All

Gilles (Hellwood),

I thought I had a match for your collar emblem, but on looking, turns out we both need one for the right collar. It's not often that you see a stylized anchor crossarm on Marine emblems. You have some excellent emblems!

I was wondering if we could get close up reverse images of the stylized "French" example you have questions on. I believe there were originals made of that emblem, but of late, cheap, accurate reproductions of it have been observed.

Gary

Here's my single.

post-84-1179527089.jpg

post-84-1179527128.jpg

• 2 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

Those who watch the EGA discussion area may recall this old post. It was recently retrieved from the holding/sorting area, in what was the old pinned "USMC EGA's" thread. It has been re-posted to see if there is any life in this discussion prior to moving into the EGA reference section for permanent retention.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...