Current Army Ranger Body Armor

Lt.

ClaptonIsGod

What they're currently using I would think would be a rather sensitive topic, and hopefully one kept classified. But whatever they are using it is probably made of some kind of bulletproof composite. :lol:

Mercenary25
What they're currently using I would think would be a rather sensitive topic, and hopefully one kept classified. But whatever they are using it is probably made of some kind of bulletproof composite. :lol:

:rolleyes: :think:

Lt., They are using OD green RAV body armor. I don't remember which model but I believe it is Paraclete.

Why would that be classified, none of the other armor is?

Thank You. But I have alot of ACU pouches so have you seen any pictures of them in ACU gear?

Yes, they can also wear common body armor, like others ground troops. By example, IOTV, so in ACU camo !

they use a system called Ranger Load Carrying System in ranger green color.

they are basically issued:

a full armor carrier called CIRAS by eagle industries (land version), that carries soft inserts+sapi plates

a soft armor low visibility carrier made by PACA, that can be coupled with a hard armor plate only carrier made by Allied industries, called Ranger Ballistic Survival System (or more recently an Eagle industries plate carrier with cummerbund).

They are also issued an eagle industries chest rig (RRV) which can hold a Sapi plate in front, to be coupled with the low visibility carrier, too.

Except for the RBSS these items can be brought commercially, but they are differently tagged, having no contract dates and no NSN.

Mercenary25
they use a system called Ranger Load Carrying System in ranger green color.

they are basically issued:

a full armor carrier called CIRAS by eagle industries (land version), that carries soft inserts+sapi plates

a soft armor low visibility carrier made by PACA, that can be coupled with a hard armor plate only carrier made by Allied industries, called Ranger Ballistic Survival System (or more recently an Eagle industries plate carrier with cummerbund).

They are also issued an eagle industries chest rig (RRV) which can hold a Sapi plate in front, to be coupled with the low visibility carrier, too.

Except for the RBSS these items can be brought commercially, but they are differently tagged, having no contract dates and no NSN.

Ahhh you hit on nail.

P-E, what is the source that Rangers also used IOTV? Normally special operation units want equipment to be differ from regular army.

what is the source that Rangers also used IOTV? Normally special operation units want equipment to be differ from regular army.

Can anyone provide the date at which Rangers were classed as SOF? I've alway knew them as conventional forces primarily conducting raid missions. The unconventional forces of the SF, Seals are the SOF. Seriously, are the Rangers now considered SOF?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It just really depends on the SOP per Batt. 2009 and 2010 SOP was for 3rd Batt Rangers to have painted helmets with strobe on top. their were specific details on how the helmets were to be painted with specific colors. Everything has a purpose. 2011 and 2012 SOP was for multicam covers to be on helmets with strobe on top with NO helmet band. blood type ID on one side. No ID was worn when down range not even dog tags. As far as classified gear, well not even ammo type can be discussed. Most M-4's or maybe all were Colts with match grade components.

• 4 years later...