WW2 Officer's emblem

usmc-collector

usmc-collector

Officer's hat examples, which pattern, dated? Any idea? Value? Thanks JAROSLAV

post-31-1178181109.jpg

post-31-1178181602.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Both are very fine examples of WW2 emblems, and condition is su-perb.

The emblem to the left is an H&H sterling. These were likely the most prominent of the WW2 period (design based on the 1936 uniform regulations) and were seen on the barracks cover (of senior officers) well into the late 60's. A typical price range for this emblem on epay is 75. to 125. depending on condition and if the right person is looking. If offered with a matching set of collar emblems, the price is higher.

The emblem to the right is a Meyers Metal in sterling as well. Seen less often than the H&H types. And again worn by senior (career) officers well into the 60's. A typical price range for this emblem on epay is 100. to 150. depending on condition and if the right person is looking. If offered with a matching set of collar emblems, the price is higher.

Both great examples, thanks for sharing with us.

BTW: want to sell? Send me a PM ;)

• 2 years later...
ABrangerjoe

Hey all you EGA collectors, could you help me out with this one? I know its a cover (hat) EGA but I don't know what era it's from. It is marked sterling and what looks like an eagle (more like a star with an eagle's head). What era is this from and what's its value? Thanks a lot!

post-5137-1242514682.jpg

post-5137-1242514688.jpg

post-5137-1242514693.jpg

Bob Hudson
Hey all you EGA collectors, could you help me out with this one? I know its a cover (hat) EGA but I don't know what era it's from. It is marked sterling and what looks like an eagle (more like a star with an eagle's head). What era is this from and what's its value? Thanks a lot!

You can see some of its cousins here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p?showforum=432

This is referred to as the M37 - 1937 - pattern EGA for the officers "barracks cover" (the visor cap worn with the green uniform). Your is is made by H&H Imperial and is sterling silver.

it's actually H&H made unless there's an Imperial mark I am overlooking. H&H bought out Imperial in 1942 and emblems carried a dual hallmark from 42-43 before H&H switched to just the H&H. this pattern of the M37 is attributed to the pre-merger

Bob Hudson
it's actually H&H made unless there's an Imperial mark I am overlooking. H&H bought out Imperial in 1942 and emblems carried a dual hallmark from 42-43 before H&H switched to just the H&H. this pattern of the M37 is attributed to the pre-merger

Yep, and you posted one of these as one of the very first posts in what would become out EGA Reference area: that was in early Dec. 2006 when this forum was just over one month old.

Do these EGAs have any value besides historical?

EGAs are probably the most popular thing to collect when it comes to USMC. the value of the one you have is usually between 125-150, HOWEVER, it's one of the more common officer ones, and it usually doesn't bring more than 75-100