Sign in to follow this  
nkomo

PASGT Question

I have a question for the helmet gurus out there. A buddy of mine has a brand new PASGT helemt for sale. However, it is an odd one. I know it is 100% positively a PASGT helmet, but has some odd features that leave me scratching my head. The color is the EXACT same color as the earlier ACH helmets and it has the same texture to it as well. It is dated 01, so I'm assuming it is a 2001 date.

My question for you all is have you all ever heard or seen anything like this before? Could it be a transitional helmet from where they were going to the ACH? I know it could be just a variation or different manufacturer, but I have handled hundreds of PASGT helmets over the years and have yet to see another one like this one. Sorry no pics as of right now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Arch

p.s. Forgot to mention that it doesn't appear to be a repaint. It appears to be a factory job.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The color is the EXACT same color as the earlier ACH helmets and it has the same texture to it as well.

Basically, what left me scratching my head was the paint coloring and the texture. From a distace, I thought sure it was an ACH. Picked it up and it was definitely a PASGT helmet.

Like I said, it could be a situation where it was a variation or a manufacturer I am not familiar with. However, I can't remember ever seeing another like it before in my years of collecting.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

For me, it can be the Lightweight PASGT... depending on inside chin strap and marks. For information, the lightweight PASGT have a dark green color like the LWH and the ACH. But well, I've to see pictures as I told you on OIF/OEF forum.

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
See my current collection of Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service - from WW2 to present) HERE
See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
See my collection of jackets HERE

Next time I go up into that area, I will either buy it or take some pictures. Can you elaborate on the Lightweught PASGT? I have never heard of one before.

donation2017.gif

Yes you already heard that..!. :rolleyes: I spoke about this helmet on my comparison between PASGT & LWH. Then I spoke about Lightweight helmet, that have the same dark green color than LWH. :thumbsup:

img_5815.jpg

img_5817.jpg

img_5818.jpg

img_5824.jpg

But well, I've to see pictures of yours to tell you exactly what's it. But maybe it isn't because there's no NSN and no contract # in Lightweight PASGT. And I assume there's one in yours, because you give us the date of manufacturint (2001)...? please show picture when you buy it. I'm curious to see.

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service - from WW2 to present) HERE

It is a dead-ringer for the LW PASGT. Hmmmmm......I'll go back up this weekend and see if he is back in town.

donation2017.gif

Sorry, but I don't understand...what's a "dead-ringer" ?

Sorry, but I don't understand...what's a "dead-ringer" ?

A match, identical or nearly-so.

donation2011.gifdonation2018.gif

I have never seen a lightweight K pot or one that said Made in USA in it and have to ask is this military issue or maybe made for law enforcement?

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

For the informations I have about lightweight PASGT, it's for military and developped for parachutists. The particularity is 3 points chin strap to maintain the helmet perfectly on head and avoid helmet destabilize the head when jump. They were produced in late '90.

But I know no more about them, and these informations are not sure, they come from a friend who collect PASGT Helmet here in Belgium. I can't find nothing official about this helmet.

They were probably also use in law enforcement community, because last one I've saw had black 3 points chin strap and black shield.

The only link I've seen about this one is :

bae_cimg_mps_ie_pasgt.jpg

http://www.baesystems.com/ProductsServices...od_helmets.html (BAE website, so another manufacturer than mine)

and this website can probably help us ;

http://www.combatreform.org/chinstrap.htm (really interesting history of development of chin straps in US army)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.