My Navy jacket patches

Salvage Sailor
patch_DESRON_7_front.jpg Destroyer Squadron 7 (DESRON 7). While aboard USS Bradley we were assigned to DESRON 7. Never wore this patch, but got one anyway from the ships store.

Ahoy Steve,

We were also in DESRON 7 for awhile, always wanted one of these patches but never had the chance to get one.

Thanks for posting this one.

That's a nice collection. I only managed to grab a handful of patches during my 10 years. I have a Korean-made G-1 knock-off with an assortment of patches from our 1986 deployment. I have some from my other commands as well but never thought about posting as they are so recent. Your post lets me think that someone might enjoy seeing them.

post-2104-1276558351.jpg Destroyer Squadron 13. While assigned to Henry B. Wilson, we were asigned to DESRON 13. The left patch was my fathers from '60-62 when he was on USS Perkins DDR 877. The right one was mine from '80-'81. The older one is cooler!.

Steve Hesson

I have to agree, your Dad's patch definitely has the coolness factor going for it :thumbsup: .

Thanks for sharing all these excellent photos and the wide variety of patches you own.

Tim

Thanks to all. While they are sort of new. the only ship still around is the Nashville. The rest have been sold, scrapped or mothballed. I have also posted my chiefs uniforms and my and my fathers jumpers up in the uniforms section. All more or less fully "pached".

I finially learned how to use photo shop so I can post my stuff.

Steve Hesson