The WWII Dining Room

mach1derful

mach1derful

Did something useful with that dining room in the house that never gets used. Used two shelves ($40 in wood and hardware from Home Depot) so I can display four torsos. Top right is an dress uniform for a plt sgt in the 75th Infantry Division. Dress cap is ID'd, I don't know if the jacket belongs to the same guy though. Bottom right ontop a 1942 dated ammo can is an Ike jacket for a staff sgt in 3rd Infantry Division, along with his O/S cap and dog tags. ID'd to Raymond E. Barker. Top left is my later war staff officer, I have close up photos of that display on another thread. And bottom left is a M1942 jump jacket belonging to a CPT in the 82nd. Can't wait to have some forum members over for dinner!!

post-10771-1276237383.jpg

Hahaha..I love it..

Of course, this is only something a man would do. We have all thought about it, but you did it! :lol:

In memory of Lance Corporal Jeremy S. Lasher, 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force. Killed in Action July 23, 2009, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Semper Fi

Lance Corporal's 2/8 challenge coin was STOLEN from his grave. Please see the following forum link for details: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/210650-challenge-coin-stolen-from-marine-kia-grave/&do=findComment&comment=1654270

My eBay Auctions: http://shop.ebay.com...s/m.html?_dmd=1

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

The Meatcan

looks great and a mighty fine use of space too! :thumbsup:

Terry

to all who have served!

Is your wife still out of town?? ;)

Looks good!!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

If I want to start a local war.....I will follow your display options..... :lol:

I would be drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, and then raped, pillaged, and plundered if I tried something like that in our dining room! ;)

Looks nice though!

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

Government Issue
I would be drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, and then raped, pillaged, and plundered if I tried something like that in our dining room! ;)

Looks nice though!

Dave

Raped? :lol: Anyway, the display is unique and creative, I bet that it's the only display here on the forum in the dining room. Nice one! :thumbsup:

Looking for anything related to Army Ranger Battalions from World War II

mach1derful

One of the few benefits of being a single man! And I think I've seen one other forum members dining room display lol!

American Heritage

Ok, do you really need them in there???? I mean, come on....that table and those chairs need to GO!! Remove those un-necessary objects -they will only get in the way of your expanding collection.

I SEARCH FOR, RESEARCH, AND PRESERVE WWII USMC COMBAT GROUPINGS; NAMED AND PATCHED BLUES AND ALPHA UNIFORMS; MEDALS; SWORDS; AND CLASS RINGS FROM THE CITADEL MILITARY COLLEGE IN CHARLESTON, SC.
http://No_outside_hosting.us/scaled/landing/191/americanheritagebanner.png

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

One of the few benefits of being a single man! And I think I've seen one other forum members dining room display lol!

Yippers. My whole living room with open, attached "formal dining" room is one big display area. Pros and cons to everything, and this is def one of the pros to being a bachelor!!!

Love the displays. Might have to adopt that method myself. :thumbsup:

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Pros and cons to everything, and this is def one of the pros to being a bachelor!!!

My girlfriend and I had a talk about my collection. She said she told me it was OK if it was not all over a house, and limited to a room. At least she gave her consent to a dedicated room ! I have to remember that !

Great display.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

108iejm.gif

http://rauch-lorraine.fr/index.php

Looking for identified items related to units having fought in the Moselle crossing during WW2 :
5th, 35th, 26th, 80th, 90th and 95th infantry divisions, 4th, 6th, 7th and 10th armored divisions, XII and XX Corps, 3rd Army