The largest gathering of B-25's since WWII.

hawkdriver

B-25 Pacific Princess and 16 other B-25's attend the 68th Doolittle Reunion on April 27, 2010. B-25J 'Pacific Princess' and crew participates in the largest gathering of B-25's since WWII for the 68th Doolittle RaidersReunion held April 17th & 18th, 2010 at USAF Museum, Wright Field Dayton OH. 17 B-25's formed up for a fly-over the Doolittle Memorial ceremony. 8 Doolittle Raiders of the original 79 remain, 4 were able to attend the 2010 event. The oldest airman present was 94 years old and the youngest 88. Air-to-Air shots filmed from the tail gunner seat of 'Pacific Princess', ship # 2 in the 17 ship formation by VictoryGirl.com

The group of planes stayed at the Champaign Airport in Urbana, Ohio, 12 miles away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MsPolleyVision

Greg Sebring

That's a great video! I saw a bunch like that at the airshow at Willow Run (Michigan) a few years back. The take off was very impressive and the fly over gave you chills.

:thumbsup:

Greg

I would have loved to have taken my father to a large gathering like that, he flew B-25s. Unfortunately he passed away in 2007.

Corpl. Cleaver

We just had the WWII Weekend here 3 in Reading. We had 3 B-25s along with about 5 P-51s. It realy is a sight to see.

One of the most touching things I saw all weekend was some 51s fly the "missing man" formation while taps was being played.

Tyler

I'm glad you had some time to find this for us. Simply WOW, I watched this with a grin from ear to ear and some tears. Well done sir.

I'm glad you had some time to find this for us. Simply WOW, I watched this with a grin from ear to ear and some tears. Well done sir.

Actually, I can't take credit for that as it was passed in a email from another collector friend of mine. It was just to good not to pass along.

The Meatcan

thanks for sharing that link. Mitchells are too cool and to see this many flying together is an incredible sight :thumbsup:

Terry