NAVY CPO JACKET DATED 1911

navyman

Hi,

This came today. It needs a cleaning but condition is excellent. This navy cpo jacket is named and dated 1911. Can anyone make out this man's name?

He was a chief storekeeper base on his rating badge and must of been in the navy for a long time base on his service stripes.

Jason

Tailor Tag

post-2501-1276099488.jpg

Taloir Tag in the inside pocket

post-2501-1276099468.jpg

post-2501-1276099438.jpg

Close-up of one of the buttons

post-2501-1276099514.jpg

Hi,

This came today. It needs a cleaning but condition is excellent. This navy cpo jacket is named and dated 1911. Can anyone make out this man's name?

He was a chief storekeeper base on his rating badge and must of been in the navy for a long time base on his service stripes.

Jason

Tailor Tag

post-2501-1276099488.jpg

Taloir Tag in the inside pocket

post-2501-1276099468.jpg

post-2501-1276099438.jpg

Close-up of one of the buttons

post-2501-1276099514.jpg

HOLY CRAP! That is FANTASTIC!. That is the oldest CP{O uuniform I've seen. Notice how his crow is on the right sleeve? That means it is definately before 1913. prior to 1913, the crow was worn on the sleeve cooresponding to the watch section you were assigned to. After 1913, that was sorted out into the "Right Arm/Left Arm" system we all know about from WW2.

Great score, love anything CPO

Steve Hesson

WOW...that's GORGEOUS!

Why did you have to get it instead of someone who doesn't collect Navy stuff and would sell it to me??? :lol:

Dave

HOLY CRAP! That is FANTASTIC!. That is the oldest CP{O uuniform I've seen. Notice how his crow is on the right sleeve? That means it is definately before 1913. prior to 1913, the crow was worn on the sleeve cooresponding to the watch section you were assigned to. After 1913, that was sorted out into the "Right Arm/Left Arm" system we all know about from WW2.

Great score, love anything CPO

Steve Hesson

Steve,

I was wondering why the rate was not on the left sleeve. Thanks for that great information ,like all ways !!!

Jason

His name was Charles Nassokin. He enlisted on 19 February 1884. Given his stripes (24+ years) it looks like he might have had these tailored onto the jacket in 1911 (he would have had 27 years of service by then...just short of stripe #9!)

I still want it. :thumbsup:

Dave

WOW...that's GORGEOUS!

Why did you have to get it instead of someone who doesn't collect Navy stuff and would sell it to me??? :lol:

Dave

Dave,

I find this on a dealer website, and I didn't know what to expect since there were no pictures. But I'm very please and the best part I paid under $100.00 for it.

Sorry Dave, lol

Jason

His name was Charles Nassokin. He enlisted on 19 February 1884. Given his stripes (24+ years) it looks like he might have had these tailored onto the jacket in 1911 (he would have had 27 years of service by then...just short of stripe #9!)

Dave

Thanks Dave for that info. Were did you find that at so quick?

Jason

Thanks Dave for that info. Were did you find that at so quick?

Jason

Magic. Sell me the jacket and I'll tell you. I'll even double your money! :thumbsup:

Here's his passport application. Sorry it's so small! But you can see that he was born in 1862 in Finland, and is a Chief Quartermaster while applying for this passport at the Consulate in London. The application is signed by a Roosevelt...perhaps a relation to the future President(s)?

Dave

NassokinPassport.jpg

Magic. Sell me the jacket and I'll tell you. I'll even double your money! :thumbsup:

Here's his passport application. Sorry it's so small! But you can see that he was born in 1862 in Finland, and is a Chief Quartermaster while applying for this passport at the Consulate in London. The application is signed by a Roosevelt...perhaps a relation to the future President(s)?

Dave

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the help.

Jason

Croix de Guerre

Name: Carl L Nassokin

Home in 1930: Mullica, Atlantic, New Jersey

Estimated birth year: abt 1863

Birthplace: Finland

Relation to Head of House: Head

Spouse's name: Jane S

Race: White

Parents' birthplace:

Neighbors:

Household Members: Name Age

Carl L Nassokin 67

Jane S Nassokin 52

Aina Nassokin 16

Captainofthe7th

Wow! That is such a cool uniform!! Talk about an old salt.

I can tell Dave really wants it...hahaha. I don't blame him. This is a real beauty. Awesome score.

Rob

Name: Carl L Nassokin

Home in 1930: Mullica, Atlantic, New Jersey

Estimated birth year: abt 1863

Birthplace: Finland

Relation to Head of House: Head

Spouse's name: Jane S

Race: White

Parents' birthplace:

Neighbors:

Household Members: Name Age

Carl L Nassokin 67

Jane S Nassokin 52

Aina Nassokin 16

Thanks for that information!!!

Jason

Wow! That is such a cool uniform!! Talk about an old salt.

I can tell Dave really wants it...hahaha. I don't blame him. This is a real beauty. Awesome score.

Rob

Thanks for the comments Rob.

Jason

Dave

Dave - Where the heck do you find that info?

I'm trying to find the info on my uncle, William Jeremiah Hennessy - served in the Navy (musician) from 1919-1929.

• 4 years later...