What was the best Chuck Norris war movie???

Divinemind

Divinemind

I realize that these were not the greatest films by any means, but curious if there are any fans on this forum of say "Delta Force" or "Missing in Action"? Also curious if any of his films were accurate at all or just Hollywood make believe...

shrapneldude
There is no best chuck norris war movie .

they are all balderdash .

so is his weird beard .

owen

Hahaha! Agreed...100%.

Though I think I read somewhere once that the beard hides another fist with which he can attack 3 opponents at the same time. Hahahaha

Calling anything with Chuck Norris or Steven Segal in it a "War Movie" is like calling "Inglorious Basterds" a documentary. It insults the very genre of military / war films. For the purposes of this discussion board, the "Best" Chuck Norris War Movie would have to be the least fabricated, over-the-top uber-harda$$ routine from Mr. Norris, and the closest attention to detail in use of a military technical advisor. I couldn't stomach one long enough to figure out which movie that may be, but it was probably the one with all the explosions and the martial arts.

normaninvasion
There is no best chuck norris war movie .

they are all balderdash .

so is his weird beard .

owen

:laughing1:

Divinemind

I agree that his movies are pretty bad...which is I am sure the general overall consensus. I was not sure if his movies had any realism from a military or war perspective. Thanks for the feedback!

vintageproductions

Holy crap, Shrapneldude & Kammo-man agreeing on something? This has got to be a sure sign of the coming of the Apocalypse. ........

Holy crap, Shrapneldude & Kammo-man agreeing on something? This has got to be a sure sign of the coming of the Apocalypse. ........

You made me literally laugh out loud at this one! ....Kat

shrapneldude

It'd be kinda childish to arbitrarily disagree on everything just because he and I disagreed on one subject several months ago, no?

Bring on the Apocalypse! I'll agree with him if I agree and disagree if I disagree. :D

And I agree, that Chuck Norris has NEVER made a "military themed" movie with any redeeming qualities. He was better off in the Texas Ranger type rolls...though never having been a Texas Ranger, I'd still have to guess even most of that was "over the top."

vietvet7071

Maybe if Norris, Stallone & Segal had been in Vietnam, there wouldn't be 58,000+ names on a Wall in washington, DC.

craig_pickrall
Maybe if Norris, Stallone & Segal had been in Vietnam, there wouldn't be 58,000+ names on a Wall in washington, DC.

While I agree none of these 3 have ever made anything close to a realistic war movie I did want to offer a little defense for Segal. He is a USMC qualified sniper. That is a pretty impressive accomplishment I think. I do not know if he ever saw combat. Chuck Norris was a Vietnam era USAF EM. I do not think Stallone was in the military.

I remember when the "Rambo"movies first appeared,SOF mag was talking about Stallone

being overseas during Vietnam times working at a girls school in Europe as a coach teaching

soccer.

I found this on Wikipedia:

"In 1970, his younger brother Weiland was killed in Vietnam. Norris later dedicated his Missing in Action films to his brother's memory."

Hi all members ,

I must report that I have a new black eye and a couple of broken ribs !!!!

Chuck came round my house last night and taught me a lesson......he showed me who was boss ....

sorry Mr Norris for being an rump .

Yours faithfully

Kammo man .

Darktrooper

IF you can see Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris can see you.

If you can't see Chuck Norris, you maybe seconds away from death.

While I agree none of these 3 have ever made anything close to a realistic war movie I did want to offer a little defense for Segal. He is a USMC qualified sniper. That is a pretty impressive accomplishment I think. I do not know if he ever saw combat. Chuck Norris was a Vietnam era USAF EM. I do not think Stallone was in the military.

What? Steven Seagal was a USMC sniper?

Shirley you must be joking? :blink:

shrapneldude
What? Steven Seagal was a USMC sniper?

Shirley you must be joking? :blink:

Could be one of those "honorary" PR things they do sometimes? But as for actual service, I've never heard that he was ever a US Marine.