Help IDing Unknown Ribbon

Mark M

Does anyone recognise this ribbon? Twice in two days it has shown up on two different USMC uniforms. It looks like an Occupation Service ribbon, but the sizes are wrong. ANy help would be appreciated.

The last ribbon on this bar:

post-569-1185063579.jpg

I know the order of this bar is totally wacked, including what looks like a double EAME ribbon, but there the mystery ribbon is again.

post-569-1185063669.jpg

Don't like to expose my ignorance to the world, and I don't know what the mystery ribbon is, but aren't the PUC's on both uniforms upside down?

Bagman

Laury Allison
Don't like to expose my ignorance to the world, and I don't know what the mystery ribbon is, but aren't the PUC's on both uniforms upside down?

Bagman

They are. I think the order or precedence may be off some too. I'm not sure what the mystery ribbon is either, but I'm thinking it may be a foreign award???

Laury

think.gif

You'll these referred as the "China Liberation Medal". They were local awards made by a Chinese general in the CBI theater and never accepted by the US government. I've seen the ribbon one on unofficial ribbon chart of the period and then it disappeared.

You'll these referred as the "China Liberation Medal". They were local awards made by a Chinese general in the CBI theater and never accepted by the US government. I've seen the ribbon one on unofficial ribbon chart of the period and then it disappeared.

Jeff

Thanks! I did a quick search on it and here is what I turned up:

The World War II China War Commemorative Medal

The medal was issued by the Republic of China to any American or other member of the Allied Forces who served in the China Theater for at least 30 days between September 1939 and September 1948. The China Theater was defined as mainland China, Formosa, any part of the CBI Theater, and the waters of the Yellow Sea, or East and South China Sea. Also included is service in the Philippines, and participation in the Okinawa operation. The medal is no longer issued by the Republic of China.

Mark