Vietnam Jungle Jacket and ERDL with patches

Mercenary25

Mercenary25

Hello gentlemen,

I have a feeling that SF Jungle jacket is a put-together. But the 1st Aviator Brigade ERDL may be legit. It has in-country made patches. Any thoughts?

I got both for $80. I took a chance since $40 each is pretty cheap for patched jackets.

DSCF3999.jpg

DSCF4000.jpg

DSCF4001.jpg

I had no idea Vietnam sutff was so expensive! Well, I guess it will soon be turning into how WW2 stuff is now. Cool jackets btw.

I had no idea Vietnam sutff was so expensive! Well, I guess it will soon be turning into how WW2 stuff is now. Cool jackets btw.

In some respects, Vietnam items are more expenxive than WW2 items. This is especially true when you start dealing with elite units.

Bonsoir,

At best, the ERDL jacket is a postwar. The Air Assault Badge was approved by the Chief of Staff, Army, on 18 January 1978, for Army-wide wear by individuals who successfully completed air assault training after 1 April 1974. The badge had previously been approved as the Airmobile Badge authorized for local wear by the Commander, 101st Airborne Division, effective 1 April 1974.

That's my 2 cents

Cheers

Valery

On the other hand, the SF jacket may be legit for wear during the post Vietnam period. Soldiers in hot weather climates, especially the SF guys, were buying old uniforms and wearing them in the field all through the 1970's right up to the introduction of Hot Weather BDU's.

Mercenary25

Thanks guys for input!

THAT GUY, I've bought some of original vietnam era patched jungle jackets for $100+ from the reputable dealers.

The 1st Aviator Brigade patch and name tapes are the in-country made, I believe? So would it be possible that the Air Assault badge was applied post-war? :think:

gwb123, my friend suggested the same thing. I agree with you both. I have several of post-war SF patched Jungle Jackets. Very similar characteristics.

I think that the 1st Avn Bde has been on active duty stateside a couple of years after the end of Vietnam. I remember seeing 1st Avn Bde patched-up jungle jackets with the new Avn Bos for officers and some with chopper wings too.