A SALUTE TO UNCLE BILL

TBMflyer

Today being the anniversary of the Invasion of Guam, I thought I'd show a few items of my Great Uncle, Pharmacist Mate 1st Class William Gasperich. He was a corpsman with Co.B, 3rd Medical Bn, 21st Marines, 3rd Marine Division. He hit the beach on day 1. He was a great guy who is sorely missed. Pic. 1 is a framed display of his re-issue medals and insignia. Pic 2 is Uncle Bill when he got to 'Frisco in early 1945.

post-527-1185048314.jpgpost-527-1185048328.jpg

Next two photos are of his 1st class crows, 4 different styles for both the USN and USMC uniforms. Enjoy, Mark.post-527-1185048445.jpgpost-527-1185048457.jpg

Mark,

A fine tribute to a man we both miss. Uncle Bill came in with 2nd wave onto Green Beach. Was part of the pack mule system that was set up to take wounded from the front on Fonte Ridge, and 60mm mortar and 75mm ammo back to the front. Heres a photo on the ridge.

Paul

post-512-1185081195.jpg

Jim, thanks for your sentiment. Paul (Baker502) and I were honored to have an uncle like him, a brave man who never boasted about his service. He was always proud of his Marine Service. Thanks again, Mark

Mark,

Very, very, nice. Thanks for sharing this. thumbsup.gif

Jim