Medic, 101st Airborne, 501st PIR, NCO Marked Helmet

Bugme

Here's my centerpiece Medic helmet. Tactical markings indicate this medic was 501st PIR, 3rd Battalion.

501st_Medic_005.jpg

about time you showed this one :lol:

very nice mate looks really good with alot of history is a std fixed bail or swivel ???

...a std fixed bail or swivel ???

Chin strap loops are fixed. BTW, the liner is for display and is not original to the helmet.

Chin strap loops are fixed. BTW, the liner is for display and is not original to the helmet.

I was just going to ask that. Very interesting lid. And yes your right, that one would be a centerpiece in any collection. Damn shame about the liner and the straps. But seems to be the way they are making their way back from Europe these days.

Very nice score!

Wade

HoovieDude

You've definitely scored the cream of the crop over your years of doing this! Very nice lid :thumbsup:

Here's my centerpiece Medic helmet.

And rightly so! :thumbsup: I think it would be the centerpiece of anyone's collection....unless they had 2.

Yes, do share how you got this nice lid and the story behind it.

Very Nice!! I am still drooling over this one, Scott! :jeal0001:

Glad to see you back on the forum. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Pat

Hey Scott, nice lid. Sorry you're hurtin, but glad you are bored and showing us some great stuff. I've seen soooooo many Medic lids that I'm wantin' one now myself. have a line on one but that may never materialize. Nice one on Ebay right now also, but up to $800 and who knows how much higher it will go.

Glad you're well enough to pull out your good stuff!

My continued prayers!

sgtdorango
Most impressive, that's like the Holy Grail of Medic/Airborne Lids,right here on my monitor :thumbsup:

You took the words right out of my mouth!!.....mikepost-350-1275765882.gif

If you don't mind me asking how'd ya get it?

This helmet came into my possession as a result of a multi-helmet deal involving an old collection in Europe and several other collectors, both in Europe and the U.S.

Old Marine

I saw this helmet this morning and I have been trying to think of something clever to say other than wow. I can't so, WOW will have to do. That's a great piece of History. Thanks for posting it.

I hope you're feeling a bit better.

Dennis

Corpsmancollector
This helmet came into my possession as a result of a multi-helmet deal involving an old collection in Europe and several other collectors, both in Europe and the U.S.

I thought it was going to be 'well I stepped into this antique store and an old lady had this plastic bag...' :lol:

This is an absolute stunner. A medic and airborne lid, what many collectors dreams are made of!