INDIAN WARS M1874 BELT AND BUCKLE

tarheelyankee

tarheelyankee

Hello all. Here is a nice M1874 belt/buckle set that has been in my collection for about 25 years. Picked this up in the mid 80's in Syracuse, NY. Light stampings on the belt leather but can not make out the manufacturer. Estate sale find as I recall. Wish we all could go back to those times when relics were less expensive and more plentiful :lol: Times change. :crying: Thanks.

post-6897-1275739494.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
US Victory Museum

I must have missed this topic the first time around as I only stumbled across it

today while doing a text pattern search on the forum. I'm glad you indicated

the pattern (1874) belt, as I had no idea what it was other than a leather belt

which I have seen in photographs as still being used in the S.A.W., as well as the

first decade of the 20th century. Here is mine. It didn't come with this uniform,

but it does display nicely with it.

post-1529-1277076372.jpg

US Victory Museum

In this photo, originally posed by Frankie (New Romantic) you'll observe the two bugle

boys (standing on the ground) and the officer sitting (center bottom row) are wearing

this pattern belt.

post-1529-1277076728.jpg

tarheelyankee

Hello. Thank you for adding the photos of your belt and buckle and the large company photo. I did not realize that we were still wearing this model belt/buckle as late as the Span-Am period. :thumbsup: Tarheelyankee