18th MP Bde 1LT Jerome Coyle Jungle Jacket

Andrei

Hi there !

Last monday I stopped by the vintage clothing shop where I go when in Les Halles area and I picked up this cool MP officer jacket.

I checked in the Vietnam database and only one officer matched name and rank, 1LT Jerome Coyle.

This pick up made my day !

post-467-1275574026.jpg

post-467-1275574089.jpg

Pictures are a tad out of focus, sorry about that.

You can see the tailor added epaulettes.

Great find A ,

Something I have always noticed when a MP jacket turns up , the collar is usually worn through , due to starching and sharpness , and the shoulderstraps have been added using a different type of fabric.

Very cool find, and nice in-country made patches.

owen

Did you get a good price on it? Nice jacket!

-Ski

I paid $40 for it. This is not a thrift store or a second hand joint but a trendy vintage clothing store thats why their prices are that high for such a "worn out" garment like this jacket. But I could not leave it on the racks !

This is the place where I picked up the Navy experimental digital BDU and the nurse shirt with the 1099th Boat Co. patch.

Thanks everybody for your appreciations !

I like it too! Never so lucky :( , I just found huge piles of french fatigues at the vintage clothing shop behind the Stolly's yesterday!

Beast your 're welcome in Paris for a "Capital militaria tour"!

Cheers

Valery

Nice find Andrei! Looks like I have to go to France to find US jungle jackets! :D

They sure have dried up here in the US, at least with period insignia! It's still fairly common to find them with no patches or with 1980s-era patches, but original patched Vietnam jackets are hard to find now.

Bill

Andrei,

You attributed this jacket to a "1LT" It is in fact a 2LT". Minor point but let's be accurate.

Mike

Andrei,

You attributed this jacket to a "1LT" It is in fact a 2LT". Minor point but let's be accurate.

Mike

Mike,

you are right ! I stand corrected.

I put the rank which was notified in the database. Militaryusa gives the rank at the end of tour.

So it is the jacket of Jerome Coyle when he was 2LT.

Andrei

After a closer look at the rank, I think it is a sun bleached 1LT black bar. Some in-country poorly dyed thread did not resist sun kiss.