Show Your Army Officer's Fatigue Shirts/Jackets/Caps

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

I am interested in seeing pre-BDU army fatigue shirts from all eras to OFFICERS. Please show some or all! I will post a few, and if there is interest in this topic, I will post a lot more.

First is a wool fatigue shirt to an ADA Captain assigned to the 4th Missile Brigade, and the Korean First Army. The collar insignia appears to be theater made.

i_025.jpg

i_026.jpg

CNY Militaria

Late 70's era shirts and cap to a LTC Roberts. According to the seller, he was a company commader in the 9th ID in Vietnam, receiving a Silver Star and Bronze Star. He then went to serve in various assignments, and later as a General Staff Officer for USAEUR. The nametapes and foreign jump wings have been removed, but the "Roberts" lettering is clear. The cap, made by Derby is also his. I wish I knew his first name to do further research!

i_027.jpg

i_028.jpg

i_030.jpg

CNY Militaria

Last for now...

First Army Ordnance Captain's Shirt. I was always a fan of the shirts with colored insignia!

i_035.jpg

i_036.jpg

OK, Schottzie, here are a few more to add fuel to the fire. First up is a really early airborne infantry CPT's modified HBT shirt.

136_3689__2_.JPG

Here's a closeup. Note the early subdued stenciled nametap worn above the left pocket and the absence of the USArmy tape. I would put this one as early/mid '50's! Note also the added shoulder loop, afixed with a snap, I never saw another like it!

136_3690__2_.JPG

And here's a real late one. This one is permanent press and was worn by an Armor officer in Germany. Does anyone recognize the name? Ever read his books?

136_3691__2_.JPG

And here is a closeup. It came directly from MAJ (later LTC) William K Emerson, Adjutant of the 11th ACR. He has written numerous articles and several books on insignia and uniforms.

136_3692__2_.JPG

And here is another of Bill's -- the ERDL jungle shirt he wore at Ft. Belvoir while working on vehicle camouflage schemes after VN.

136_3694__2_.JPG

OK, it's time for some other folks to go back into the closet and find more goodies. (No, not THAT closet!)

CNY Militaria

Great shirts there! That captain's shirt is indeed early, I like it very much!

A gentleman I work with, who retired as a Lt. Col., gave me his Viet-Nam era jacket (pictured here), along with other things.

post-70-1185153132.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures from my personal collection because it shows a general officer with a fighting knife. It's Major General George P. Seneff.

post-70-1185154076.jpg

Bonjour,

Here is a 3rd type OG shirt belonged to a General staff LTC asssigned to LogCom in Vietnam.

883169344_c356177f66.jpg

883169376_b8b89f323c.jpg

More to follow

Cheers

Valery