French Vietnam war reenactors

Cpl HARLAN

Cpl HARLAN

Hi,everyone !!

I would like to introdusce our group.

We are french reenactors of the Vietnam war. We do our best to preserve all the uniforms and equipment of this era.

Our group,represent a small platoon of the 25th Infantry Division,from 1966 to 1971.

Do a visit to our website. Drop a line or two in our guestbook and let us know your impressions !!

Here are our website : http://www.accav.asso.fr/

(Our website is both in French & English)

Here some pictures of our participation the 14 & 15 of May 2010, at "Les Heures Historiques de Sully ( The Historical Hours of Sully)" in Sully-sur-Loire,France

28299_10.jpg

28299_11.jpg

28299_12.jpg

28299_14.jpg

28299_15.jpg

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Looks good so far.

Carrying your rifles mostly like real soldiers and all.

Rock

VERY, VERY, IMPRESSIVE !! :bravo:

One of the BETTER groups that I have seen thus far. Nice to see the attention to detail and not so much "HOLLYWOOD". You guys look like you have really done your homework !!

Keep up the GOOD WORK and GOOD LUCK with your group!!

All The Best, :salute:

Adam

Cpl HARLAN

Thank you so much,for all your comments !! Some more pictures,are going to be posted very soon !!

L'espoir de vous voir a "War & Peace" pour le vin et le fromage................. :thumbsup:

Cpl HARLAN

Merci odd.bod13 !!

But sorry,we can't make do it this year :crybaby: !!

Plus, we heard that we should be have a permit, for all our weapons (Deactivated and PFC Gun) if we come in England for the "War and Peace". Can you tell us more about that ?

Merci odd.bod13 !!

But sorry,we can't make do it this year :crybaby: !!

Plus, we heard that we should be have a permit, for all our weapons (Deactivated and PFC Gun) if we come in England for the "War and Peace". Can you tell us more about that ?

You don't need a permit. You need whats known as a defence in regards to the VCRA (Violent Crimes Reduction Act) so if you are members of a legit re-enactment or living history group with more than 3 members and PLI (Public Liability) insurance. Basically a legit group you will have a "defence". For deactivated weapons you will need the deactivation certificate from a proof house, this is a requirement in the UK but not sure in France.

this may help

http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com/VCRACT.html

So you would be fine at War & Peace.

Nice pictures as well.

Cpl HARLAN

Thanks your comment and for the info Paul !! :thumbsup:

I go to tell this at the president of our group. So if can't do this year !! So if we can't do this year,we should coming for 2011 !! :salute:

Cpl HARLAN
Thanks fo your comment and for the info Paul !! :thumbsup:

I go to tell this at the president of our group. So if we can't do this year,we should coming for 2011 !! :salute:

To Captain Harlan,

Please see below copy email from War & Peace Show. Trust this may help ? The Living History application form can be found on the website in pdf format.

Hi Odd.bod13

All the French re-enactors need to do is complete the Living History application form which they fill in and return it. We will then respond with their invitation paperwork which should satisfy any authorities. They may need to check that their weapons comply with de-activation certificates and bring these with them, particularly in light of the latest incident.

All good wishes,

Rex Cadman

The War and Peace Show Organiser

The 28th War and Peace Show 21st to 25th July 2010

For more information on the

World's largest military vehicle spectacular check out

www.thewarandpeaceshow.com

or contact us on the War and Peace direct line

0044 (0)1304-813945 fax 0044 (0)1304-812422

Cpl HARLAN

Thank you Odd.bod13 for this message,I will telling right away the président of our group about that mail you showed me.

But like I said before, if we can't come this year to the War & Peace Show, we should be there for 2011. (avec le vin et le fromage !! :lol: )

ps It's Cpl (Caporal) Harlan :thumbsup:

Pardonnez-moi Harlan caporal :thumbsup:

S'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir si l'un de vos visites de groupe de cette année.

peut-être nous pourrions nous rencontrer pour une bière

(Hope my French is ok)........... :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...
pwmiraldi67

looken good my friend, my only comment would be to secure those ARVN ruck straps, hangin down like that looks a little bad, and Id have your guy with the AF survival knife get the correct era sheath without the metal tip on the sheath. thats really the only thing I see as a glowing no no!! Id like to see some guys doing a river crossing without being all gung ho :)

thanks

paul

l accav reste l accav sans evolution depuis 15 ans :think:

accav rest accav no evolution since 15 years :think:

Can you develop your point of view ??

• 4 weeks later...

Will the "BRIT's" have the pleasure of seeing your re-enactment group in the UK this year ? Military Odyssey 28/29th August ?