"Trenched" EGA's

teufelhunde.ret

this just in. the average wing cut from the anchor, looks like the eagle may have been tilted to the side a bit. nice one, though

100_4324.JPG

I compared him to the fat winged in my collection...he is much more detailed and the eagle itself more dignified, less turkey-looking

I compared him to the fat winged in my collection...he is much more detailed and the eagle itself more dignified, less turkey-looking

Brig,

Yes these are much more detailed. I think I posted shots of my England made one and it has every feather with fine detail.

• 2 weeks later...

this elaborately trenched gem sold on a bell crown cover for a mere $202 on eBay. I didn't bid as I figured it would bring a lot more. just goes to show you I guess

Capture.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

It is a beauty - one of our forum members took it home, alas I was runner-up, ! did not see the cover bringing any more than salvage value.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

justed added this one to my collection...cut at the anchor as usual, with the wings swept back a bit to make it stand out. nice

100_6372.JPG

100_6373.JPG

• 3 months later...
Schnicklfritz
That beauty brought in some very high bids - sold by forum member "Belleauwood"

... and picked up by a forum member... :love:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Much as detatching the wing from the anchor in earlier cover emblems was a popular, slight act of trenching before WWI, I think the curving forward of wings and anchor flukes was the subtle trenching form of WWII. this is the third or fourth time I've come upon collar emblems modified in just this fashion...

_CBFKpJ_BGk___KGrHqMOKnQEz3zsfEOOBNGM2p_w_Q___3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Dug these out of the back of the closet. They're attached to a 1931-dated enlisted greens set. Here's an overall shot of the fronts and backs. It's hard to see the modified wings and anchors in these pictures.

post-1107-1302212929.jpg

post-1107-1302212934.jpg