1/35 Scale Bill Mauldin inspired Jeep model.

Old Marine

Old Marine

post-2843-1275266619.jpg

This model was inspired by Mauldin's great cartoon about taking a 1,000 mile detour. That cartoon of his (see below), was his bite back at Patton's spit and polish. I read a copy of "Up Front" when I was about 10 years old and I have been fascinated ever since. I guess that's where the collection and the model building comes from. I have always wanted to do a Willie and Joe type model and I finally finished this one. I probably over did the mud, but I kind'a like it.

The kit is just the old Testor's/Italieri jeep kit. The Tires with the snow chains are resin, aftermarket parts. The figures are my typical mix of Airfix, Tamiya etc...

Well, enjoy it, and as always I look forward to all your comments and observations.

Dennis

Dennis,

This one is amazing! I think they really look like Willie and Joe! I am in awe of your talent!

....Kat

Dennis

This has to be one of the most original idea for a model that I have ever seen. You have done Willie and Joe proud. The details and weathering are fantastic You truly are a master modeler. I'm green with envy. Keep up the great work

Tom

BigJohn#3RD

Dennis,

That is one AWESOME tribute to Bill Mauldin, You just need it on a base with the road sign with a list of fines for uniform violations. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Happy Memorial Day

John

nice build with the jeep!

just checked all your other models also!

my highest respect for your modelling skills ...

General Apathy

post-344-1275329693.jpg

post-344-1275329712.jpg

post-2843-1275266619.jpg

I have always wanted to do a Willie and Joe type model and I finally finished this one. I probably over did the mud, but I kind'a like it.

Well, enjoy it, and as always I look forward to all your comments and observations.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, as always another great model, when I was young the Jeep was my first purchase of an American WWII army vehicle ( couldn't afford the aircraft carrier ), everything else has now gone but I still have my first Jeep.

You say that you think that you over did the mud, well I don't think so, here's a full scale model I built earlier ( 1 : 1 ) and as you can see I don't ever think you can overdo the mud. :lol::lol: One of the greatest American inventions ever.

Note it's almost a copy of your Willie & Joe Jeep with mud and snow on it. :thumbsup:

Keep them coming, waiting to see the Dodge conversion you were relating to me last week. ;)

( Do any of the model manufacturers make a Dodge Carryall )

Cheers Lewis