WWII 82nd Airborne POW grouping - Captured D-Day

KASTAUFFER

This is a small group of POW letters and documents I have owned for quite a while to a 2nd LT who served with Company G , 505th Parachute Infantry , 82nd Airborne Division . He made the Normandy jump , but was severly injured. He was captured by the Germans on June 7, 1944 . He intitially was held at Oflag 64 ( POW camp for ground officers ) and was later transferred to Stalag IIIC after Oflag 64 was abandoned as the Russians got closer.

The first item is a receipt he received from the Germans at Oflag 64 for 4 pieces of ID he had on him when captured.

Oflag 64 had a rich history of putting on plays in their own theater. The 2nd item is a ticket for a performance!

Ringwald1.jpg

Folded POW lettersheet from him to his wife. He describes the injuries he suffered and the treatment he received.

Ringwald3.jpg

Ringwald4.jpg

Interesting group of items. I love reading the POW letters - at times they give insight into the mental and physical well-being of the POW. Sometimes they contain interesting bits about camp life too.

Folded POW lettersheet from him to his wife. He describes the injuries he suffered and the treatment he received.

post-105-1184902878.jpg

post-105-1184902888.jpg

Kurt,

This is an awesome grouping. Something like this does not come along often. Certainly authentic and real artifacts like this one don't routinely surface regardless how much money one may have.

I am happy to see that this is authentic and in your collection.

Currahee!

Jake Powers

• 11 years later...
KASTAUFFER

At the show of shows this year I found some other items that belong to the same POW. Here they are.

88D2AD31-2604-4740-AD22-7DEF25706546.jpeg

1C464D92-0F70-40A8-902F-FBA8BD787018.jpeg

Very cool. It's always a great surprise to find other items floating around that are part of a group you already own. Nice to get it back together.

Thanks for sharing this cool little group.

JD

KASTAUFFER

Very cool. It's always a great surprise to find other items floating around that are part of a group you already own. Nice to get it back together.

Thanks for sharing this cool little group.

JD

Thanks JD! After 12 years, I thought it might be a good time to resurrect the thread,

Kurt