Three Wars Three Medics, from the same family

PaulR

And a really cool history of the Great War book. I wonder if this was written and distributed within the year he remained in service or if he picked it up later on in life?

post-4249-0-22891300-1356293381_thumb.jpg

This is an amazing threat, and I wanted to thank you for sharing. I've found every bit of it fascinating to the core!

That 9/11 lighter is something else - what country did it come from?

Thank you and your great grandfather and grandfather for your combined service!

Great group of item's.I am into genealogy and your family's items are amazing.I really like the WW1 German flask and the Japanese book with the plane, wouldn't be able to read it but it look's cool.I love collecting military item's but it makes me sad to see somebody sell a named medal, especially a Purple Heart.I've asked people, are you sure theres nobody in your family that would like to have and take care of this?Usual answer is 'Nope'.Any who glad you have it and thank you and your family for their service. BTW I was a 90250(AF Medic) & a 91A(Army Medic).Stay safe Chief.

Thank you all for the kind words. I bought the lighter while I was in Bahrain. It was actually being sold by some of the shop owners on base(there were a few foreign nationals who were given permits to set up little shops at the NSA). Needless to say, these items did not stay on the shelf that long, once the word got around. I bought the lighter as a reminder of what was truly on the minds of many of our allies... I am still glad that I was able to get one.

I am glad that my family entrusted me to these heirlooms. I have my great grandfather's Colt .45 as well. He had it chromed in the 1930s to protect it from the Louisana heat and humidity. I can post a pic of that as well, if you would like.

• 9 months later...

I really like this thread. It might not be "fancy", but it is a good representation of items from the 3 eras. Just the type of things I would love to acquire and document.

You should write down some of your memories from Iraq...and where you picked this stuff up....while everything is fresh in your mind. I don't actively collect modern stuff, but you had a good eye and have an appreciation for a historians mind-set.....keep your kit together and add in a memoir, and it would be a perfect set of circumstances.

Thanks for your service.