EGA Buckles

bobgee

Have acquired a few USMC buckles/belt plates whic Marines have worn officially and un-officially through the years. Here are some for your viewing pleasure:

A heavy brass buckle wirh an M1892 (1892-1904) period emblem applied.

Dress_EM_buckle_Span_Am.JPG

Have acquired a few USMC buckles/belt plates whic Marines have worn officially and un-officially through the years. Here are some for your viewing pleasure:

A heavy brass buckle wirh an M1892 (1892-1904) period emblem applied.

Dress_EM_buckle_Span_Am.JPG

Reverse:

Dress_EM_buckle_Span_Am_REV.JPG

Marines were once again in China following WW2....from 1945 to 1949. China-USMC Souvenirs of various types were common. Here's a buckle from a Marine who was stationed in Peiping in 1946.

China_Peiping__1946.JPG

Marines were once again in China following WW2....from 1945 to 1949. China-USMC Souvenirs of various types were common. Here's a buckle from a Marine who was stationed in Peiping in 1946.

China_Peiping__1946.JPG

Reverse:

China_Peiping__1946_REV.JPG

Another from a Marine stationed in Tsingtao in 1946

Reverse:

China_Tsingtao_1946_REV.JPG

China_Tsingtao_1946.JPG

Sorry for all the duplication of pics....I'll learn this system yet!......Bob

This is one of my favorites. A dress buckle encompassing an officer-size 1930-1937 collar type insignia. Unfortunately it came to me missing the locking side. Anybody have it in their 'junk' box?

Dress_Droopy_Buckle.JPG

This is an Army type buckle with an EGA attached. Probably WWII. Likely sold in town and Totally non-regulation

Non_REg_Army_type_buckle_w_EGA_WW2.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Here's a neat piece of trench art I just got in. On a Naval trouser buckle, an EGA and a round that has been cut in half. One side has fallen off. These seem to be somewhat common, I saw three online last week. I don't think people are making them, but possibly they were made by a company to purchase, such as the asstrays from shell casings with the linked belt of rounds around them these days. Interesting none-the-less

100_0558.JPG

100_0559.JPG

• 8 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

Looked at it several times without figuring out its intended use... I have the feeling it my have been for a bolo tie, but something would be missing...? s/f Darrell

I think it might be just a buckle - missing the metal parts which secured it to the belt and were possibly sewn to the belt. My 2-cents. Bob

• 13 years later...
Flightpath

It´s been a long time between posts for this thread, I thought I´d post my my only EGA buckle, marked 6 - 76.........

image.png.79e5a1161551b0c4a988dc850b6d6055.png

• 1 month later...
PogueMahone.1302
On 5/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, Flightpath said:

It´s been a long time between posts for this thread, I thought I´d post my my only EGA buckle, marked 6 - 76.........

image.png.79e5a1161551b0c4a988dc850b6d6055.png

Nice, SNCO Waistplate!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
PogueMahone.1302
On 9/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, Garandy said:

USMC EGA any idea on buckles age? 

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

Wow, that is awesome!  It looks like a custom made attachment to the standard issue trouser belt.  I've seen various models over the years.  Is that a post-WW2 EGA with the fouled line?

8 hours ago, PogueMahone.1302 said:

Here are a couple of modern equivalents but nowhere near as cool! 

EGA Buckle 2.jpg

EGA Buckle 1.jpg

I refer to these modern pieces you can get at the exchange or Sgt Grit catalog as "PX Kitsch"