Coast Guard Camo / Field uniforms

I would love to see the Coast Guard Field / Camo uniforms worn by members deployed as members of ground / security forces. Any era is welcome.

I will start with mine. The uniform started off with the basic tan last name and organization tapes and black subdued pin on insignia. While in Bahrain, I (like many others) paid to have the theater made insignia placed. This was OK during my time there. The has since been banned from use.

I wore this particular uniform while deployed with Patrol Forces SW Asia in 2003 and 2004 for Iraqi Freedom, where I served as an Independent Duty Corpsman.

post-4249-1275115198.jpg

Here is a USCG 6-Color shirt that would have been worn during the Desert Storm time period. Actually...Coast Guard field uniforms are very uncommon in my collecting experience.

iraqi_051.jpg

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here is a USCG 6-Color shirt that would have been worn during the Desert Storm time period. Actually...Coast Guard field uniforms are very uncommon in my collecting experience.

That is a really cool tunic! This is the first that I have seen! I had a Chief who was deployed in Desert Storm. He was one heck of a guy!

Here is a photo of me wearing one of mine, along with another prize of mine.

post-4249-1275582605.jpg

Thanks for your compliment. This shirt came from an antique mall here in Kentucky of all places. I passed it up for like 6 months before I decided to buy it. :blink:

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your compliment. This shirt came from an antique mall here in Kentucky of all places. I passed it up for like 6 months before I decided to buy it. :blink:

I am definitely glad that you bought it. Based upon what I have seen here, they are exceedingly rare. Maybe your vet retired in the area.

I would really like to see more CG Field/Camo uniforms!!

• 10 months later...

Here's a Coast Guard DCU I found in a local thrift shop on Memorial Day. It's patched to Port Security Unit (PCU) 313. PCU 313 is based in the Pacific Northwest and is made up of active and reserve personnel. Members receive special weapons training, etc. The unit has been deployed to operations Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi Freedom.

DSCN5731.jpg

DSCN5724.jpg

I worn regular green Army camos when I was with LTT P'ot'i in the Republic of Georgia in 2000. Our team stopped wearing the camos and worn regular working blue uniforms though because the conscripts we were training worn US Coast Guard working blues. They hated the uniforms because they was so similar to the old Soviet school boy uniforms that the Navy guys ridiculed them. The Georgian Coast Guard was such a rag tag organization that they could get away with wearing just about anything they could find. I gave away just about all my uniforms before I left.

• 11 months later...

here is a PSU (port security unit) 313 BDU. the wearer was stationed in northern WA and went to the Middle east as well. I saw the owners custom DCU boonie from Kuwait, but they didn't want to get rid of that. also got some of the gear that the owner used overseas as well.

post-10495-1338674482.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Paul, that's a great uniform that is rarely seen.

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif