Can US troops use other countries uniforms?

Darktide

What is great to see is all of the above uniform follow a distinct US influence.

This is shaping up to be a great thread.

owen

What is great to see is all of the above uniform follow a distinct US influence.

This is shaping up to be a great thread.

owen

Definitely...the Philippines used to be an american colony and used to house the largest US base outside of the US.Subic Naval and Clark Air Bases.

Philippine troops used to wear and still use US surplus uniforms/gear thru JUSMAG.

Just to add to the confusion , anyone who is connected with the tailor can get a uniform made fully badged with name tapes , a friend of mine in the Philippines had these 2 sets of tigers made for me . BTW I did not ask him to add name tapes for me , he did that on his own .

So be careful , they could have originated form a collector or Airsofter .

Army Pattern

PHILYsfTIGER1.JPG

Navy Pattern

PHILYsealTIGER1.JPG

For accuracy though...the NAVSOG SEAL badge should be on the left side above the branch tape.

We've been focusing on fairly modern uniforms, but US troops wearing foreign uniforms goes back even further....

From Shelby Stanton's US Army Uniforms of World War II, pg. 163:

"Army Liaison personnel assigned to the Chinese Training Center during 1944 wear Chinese winter uniforms complete with the Republic of China cap emblems."

Chinese_Training_Center_1944.jpg

For accuracy though...the NAVSOG SEAL badge should be on the left side above the branch tape.

onizero, you are right. If you look at the pic of my NAVSOG uniform it is on the correct side.

My connection may have done it that way as it was not issued to anyone , but duly noted , Thanks

Panzerwerk,

No worries mate.We just need to note it for proper reference. :thumbsup:

ozisero