WWII 45th DIVISION VETERAN

jim2

Heres one I picked this up about 3 years ago. Along with this uniform I purchased a 2nd uniform that I was able to id to a POW who was rescued at Cabatuan during the "Great Raid". Unfortunately I have had no luck Id'ing this uniform other than the name tag there is no other markings. The ribbon bars have been on there forever, and even though the double arrowheads were not regulation I have seen it before. I dont believe this was a put together because I purchased it for less than what the parts are worth separately, I just wish I could put an id with it.

post-100-1184813167.jpg

A close up of the ribbons.

Library___594.jpg

This could be a challenge. He could have seen combat with the 45th ID in both WW2 and KW. And we don't know when he got his CIB, SS or BS. I will guess he was RA though. Grrrr.

This could be a challenge. He could have seen combat with the 45th ID in both WW2 and KW. And we don't know when he got his CIB, SS or BS. I will guess he was RA though. Grrrr.

Took anquick look at my '49 and '57 Army officer registers. No Rivers listed except one guy who was Arty and 2 WO's. Oh well, it was a shot in the dark.

G