Patches in action: Photos of SSI being worn by the troops.

Teamski

seanmc1114

Here is my father in Vietnam with a theater made full color 82nd Airborne Division SSI. Note the use of full color sleeve rank even thought this was taken in early 1969.

post-1761-1276003338.jpg

BigJohn#3RD
I would like to start a thread that will feature photographs of troops wearing SSI. I believe this would be a great reference for verifying patch wear and with some photos, possibly be able to show specific versions of the patches themselves. I invite other collectors to post photographs of troops wearing SSI. These can be portraits, photos in the field, etc..... Let's see them!

-Ski

Ski,

You know that this picture is of Roger Donlon the first Medal of Honor Recipient of the Vietnam War?

Regards,

John

Ski,

You know that this picture is of Roger Donlon the first Medal of Honor Recipient of the Vietnam War?

Regards,

John

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

-Ski

Robswashashore

MSGT William Gould, USAAF and his sweetheart, Miss Jean Kelly Barnett (my mom and dad)

Major General Keller E. Rockey (seated), Commanding General, III Marine Amphibious Corps, along with Brigadier General William A. Worton (to his left) accepting the surrender of 50,000 Japanese troops in Tientsin China on behalf of the Chinese Nationalist government, 6 October 1945. I picked this photo up with a picture of their Japanese counterparts and a nice felt III MAC. :thumbsup:

post-6395-1276764749.jpg

Folks of the Eastern Defense Command searching a U-Boat crew at Fort Miles, DE.

-Ski

The guy on the right looks like Al Bundy. :thumbsup:

post-3273-1277058243.jpg