Patches in action: Photos of SSI being worn by the troops.

Teamski

That's an odd 15th AF patch is it not? what is that, a Yellow Background on some sort of reverse color mumbo jumbo, like the German WWI&II photos were Yellow Waffenfarbe looks dark or visa versa?

My great-grandmother with and what appears to be a Marine Corps captain wearing the Second Division SSI. I'm assuming this was shortly after WWI.

post-1761-0-19393700-1364232054.jpg

36th Infantry Division

Thank you for your interest in this interesting and poplular topic Old Marine, but this photo has already been posted by yours truly. :)

For any other members who may find a photo that they would like to post, I would urge that you do a run though of the topic to see if the photo has not been posted already, with many paged photo orientated topics this multiple postings of the the same photos starts to occur.

Here's a shot of my grandfather on the left admiring the new major's oak leaves of his newly-promoted friend and former company commander in the Georgia National Guard from a local 1962 newspaper clipping. My grandfather is wearing the 86th Division SSI as a combat patch and the Major is wearing the 48th Armored Division SSI to which both men were assigned. Ironically, he does not seem to be wearing a "Hurricane" tab beneath his armored triangle. Both were engineer officers at this point in the National Guard but both had earned the Combat Infantryman Badge in WWII, my grandfather as a Private in the 86th and the Major as a Captain and company commander in the 103rd.

post-1761-0-33553400-1364246492.jpg