USMC Londonderry patch....

Teamski

Hey guys,

I've had this USMC Londonderry patch for a while now. I believe it is original. I noticed that is is made in the same way as the VMF patch that was posted in the rarities thread. Opinions? Thanks!

-Ski

post-3043-1274810405.jpg

lamarhooten

Have the Londonderry patch, but that VMF patch is pretty snazzy!!! :thumbsup: What is number? Have afew USMC patches, ought to thing about collecting some more. :think:

normaninvasion

Also, of note, someone posted on the Forum, a jacket with the Londonderry patch, awhile back. The only one I ever saw. I can't seem to find it. It's worth seeing if you have the time to dig.

I noticed that zig-zag stitching on the VMF 354 like I had only seen on the Londonderry patch before when it was listed on E-bay. I wished that I had had the kind of disposable income it would have taken to win that bid. It has basically the shape of the regular MAW patches and it looks like it is fully embroidered on green felt instead of the normally seen red. Really nice, unusual patch.

• 13 years later...
TeamScience

I also have a fully-embroidered Londonderry patch with felt backing and zig-zag embroidery pattern!  It is somewhat interesting to note how the black thread on mine tracks to the left wing, but tracks to the right wing on Teamski's.

Sorry to revive such an old thread; I was gonna make my own post but found this thread and though I might add to it!

1.JPG.cedfc51640be3f1135fb732e9954cb47.JPG2.JPG.59a2e9a103528ea6e43f1fa5e5c46ffe.JPG