USMC BACKPACK

sharpsshooter

sharpsshooter

I just won this USMC PACK #230474068570 fron Ebay. I saw one like this with the bottom bag included at a local antique center for $175.00 Both had different dates and were in well used, rough condition. Is there a manual that shows how to pack the bag, and then assemble the bottom field bag?

sharpsshooter
I just won this USMC PACK #230474068570 fron Ebay. I saw one like this with the bottom bag included at a local antique center for $175.00 Both had different dates and were in well used, rough condition. Is there a manual that shows how to pack the bag, and then assemble the bottom field bag?

SORRY everyone for my mistake but the number above is for an item I was interested in. HERE is the right Ebay listing number, 200472963222 and again sorry.

SORRY everyone for my mistake but the number above is for an item I was interested in. HERE is the right Ebay listing number, 200472963222 and again sorry.

Well I hate to tell you that it is a Vietnam dated pack and not WW2. What they say is USA is DSA..

post-3273-1274941921.jpg

Correct, the pack is Vietnam era, looks to be the 1967 dated type. They're not worth $105.00. Sorry. I recently saw this happen with another Vietnam haversack. But the buyer of that one brought it for $150.

sharpsshooter
Correct, the pack is Vietnam era, looks to be the 1967 dated type. They're not worth $105.00. Sorry. I recently saw this happen with another Vietnam haversack. But the buyer of that one brought it for $150.

I emailed the seller and told him what you said and I want a refund. He said he will only refund $105.00 and he still insists that this is a USMC pack. He said he used these site links to verify it. www.olive-drab.com/images/pack_M1944_cargo_combat.jpg www.wittworldwide.com/images/W2USMCPackAX.jpg http://onfinite.com/libraries/1492139/c1c.jpg http://onfinite.com/libraries/1491988/f09.jpg I checked the olive-drab site and I see that there was the early M1941 with dog ears and a modified second pattern for 1943 with roll flaps.

I emailed the seller and told him what you said and I want a refund. He said he will only refund $105.00 and he still insists that this is a USMC pack. He said he used these site links to verify it. www.olive-drab.com/images/pack_M1944_cargo_combat.jpg www.wittworldwide.com/images/W2USMCPackAX.jpg http://onfinite.com/libraries/1492139/c1c.jpg http://onfinite.com/libraries/1491988/f09.jpg I checked the olive-drab site and I see that there was the early M1941 with dog ears and a modified second pattern for 1943 with roll flaps.

This is still a USMC pack, just not from WW2. How much did you pay?

Sam

Here are some pics of the pack from the auction.

THis is not a WW2 pack.A WW2 USMC pack will be marked with a DQP stamp/and dated or marked BOYT and date.THis marking shown is not a WW2 mark.THis mark is consistant with Viet Nam era packs.

post-342-1275435624.jpg

post-342-1275435708.jpg

sharpsshooter
This is still a USMC pack, just not from WW2. How much did you pay?

Sam

I paid $117.75 There were many people going against me. Paypal is retreaving my $ He wants me to prove that this is not Vietnam era so he can relist it so it sells again.

I paid $117.75 There were many people going against me. Paypal is retreaving my $ He wants me to prove that this is not Vietnam era so he can relist it so it sells again.

Very simple, they did not use the DSA marking till 62-63. It should be marked DSA-100-(the year) or DSA-1-(the year). If it just has a DSA-100 it is a 66 dated pack. If it has just a DSA-1 it is a 65 date.

Kev

sharpsshooter
Here are some pics of the pack from the auction.

THis is not a WW2 pack.A WW2 USMC pack will be marked with a DQP stamp/and dated or marked BOYT and date.THis marking shown is not a WW2 mark.THis mark is consistant with Viet Nam era packs.

post-342-1275435624.jpg

post-342-1275435708.jpg

For those who might be interested the Ebay seller, dropsie101 will be relisting this pack as soon as he gets more up to date information on the pack.

sharpsshooter
Well I hate to tell you that it is a Vietnam dated pack and not WW2. What they say is USA is DSA..

What pack model are you showing in the photo?

What pack model are you showing in the photo?

I'd say 4th type USMC M!941 Haversack, Vietnam. (4th or 3rd, cant remember.)

For those who might be interested the Ebay seller, dropsie101 will be relisting this pack as soon as he gets more up to date information on the pack.

If he is relisting the pack he should also be informed the upper strap for the shelter half is missing.Its normally sewn at the top of the pack.Would look like the strap that holds the shovel handle down.If you not in the pictures I posted it is not there and would be seen above the hanger tab for the shovel.Not a big deal breaker and can be replaced.

RD