EGA Help

S McKibben

S McKibben

I have an ega that I am trying to find out what yrs it would work on.Can anyone tell me??

Also I have a 1920-21 tunic with out egas can some one add a pic of the style I need?

Thanks for any help.

Shaun

post-5730-1274748345.jpg

post-5730-1274748459.jpg

post-5730-1274748477.jpg

S McKibben

Thanks Brig,its the one that came in the pocket with the tunic but when I put it on the impression on the collar looked bigger than the ega so I just thought it was the wrong type.I guess I need to find another one to match it since I only have the one.

One other question,why does the hat ega have a rope thru it but the collar ega's dont?

Thanks again

Shaun

post-5730-1274750058.jpg

the ropes weren't added to the collar emblems until 1956...as for your cover emblem, that's a Model 1916, used from 1916-20

S McKibben
the ropes weren't added to the collar emblems until 1956...as for your cover emblem, that's a Model 1916, used from 1916-20

There is no date on the tunic,but he was inlisted from 1919 to 1923.The tunic has the holes in the collar for screw backs.Doesnt the older ega's have pin backs?

enlisted Marines were never authorized actual EGAs for the collars until 1920, just the covers. however there were some collar discs with EGAs used on them in WWI, but the first EGA itself for the collar? the one you've depicted

• 10 months later...

I just got these in the mail today...an eBay acquisition. The shot of the front was taken on the card they were on when they arrived. The anti-spin pins are bent over on each one; the bend in almost identical on both and it looks like it was done deliberately...comments are welcome.

post-1107-1303338940.jpg

post-1107-1303338946.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Bill, a wonderful example of the first generation, enlisted collar emblems. And what is really nice, they have been life-long mates. Congrat's on a great acquisition! s/f Darrell

jeremiahcable

Solid set! As Darrell mentioned, they look like a life long pair. Beautiful set that would look killer on an early stock/roll collar conversion blouse!

Thanks guys. I got them for $66. I don't know if that's a good, fair, or not so good price for them as I'm not really up on the value of the earlier pieces but I wanted them so, I guess the price was OK for me. :D