when did the AF use Blue Duffle bags?

PATCHRAT

Did the AF use Blue duffle bags in the early days (late 40's early 50's ) my guess is it did not last long. 1st one I have ever seen. Buy tehn again I dont collect gear etc.

post-1604-1274648640.jpg

• 1 year later...
shrapneldude

post-1424-1336334585.jpg

post-1424-1336334595.jpg

This came with an early 1960's USAF grouping and from the little bit of research I've tried to do on it, there was a short period in Air Force history when they were experimenting with uniforms and gear in different colors - sage green and gray and blue - sort of like they've done more recently with the blue tigerstripe patterns. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

This is anecdotal from 1963, but for all I know it could be useful information.

I remember very clearly the day we shipped out from BMT. The Flight was in loose formation at the Lackland bus depot, and to one side were all of our duffle bags laid out ready to load - not more than 10 of those were blue by then.

I wanted one, REAL bad.

• 1 year later...

A good example is the movie "Strategic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart. Early 1950's, the Air Force went wild no "pun intended" Wild Blue Younder...I collect that period and they had Blue duffles, Blue blankets, Blue Flight Gear ; i.e. N2A(the short Blue Parka),N3A(Long Blue Parka) and Flying pants, L1A & K2A (the Blue flight suits), Blue caps, wools that went under the flying suits, flying boots,and a host of other goodies. Yes, to bore you wth a more than a yes or no answer on the duffle...its real and 1950's.