IMPERIAL QUEST

My Time Portal to the Past

NICE...... thumbsup.gif

More..... ?? :)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

Walking around the room clockwise...some campaign medals belonging to my deceased uncle representing his time in the Navy during WW II...and some other items.

Still walking clockwise, my shelf containing some of my reference material, and of course many DVD's and WHS tapes relating to WW I and II.

To the right of my bookcases, a vertical display housing uhhhh...mainly non-US related items ermm.gif although there are a few US items in there.

This concludes the tour.

I have always had an interest in the Titanic sinking, and I have a few movie props and one of a kind photos obtained from an extra that was in the movie. The "CINATIT" poster is a double sided official release intended for theatre display. It was one of 500...and this one is mint and never used. ;)

The "Beat Back The Hun" poster is of course an original.

The top shelf in this curio case holds some personal items that my daughter has given me over the years...small gifts, father's day cards, "I love you" notes scrawled in crayon. I can say without a doubt, this case holds some of my most treasured and valuable objects.

Thanks for stopping in, the exit is to the right.....come back any time friends.

Hi Steven,

WOW!!!

CLASSIC WAR ROOM!!!!

The military atmosphere is sensational!!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Great room , but why is the print on the Titanic poster backwards?

Paul Conrad
Still looking for quality wings!

www.conradwings.com
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I am bored prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion".
Everything I say is my opinion; the only thing of which I am certain is that there is very little of which one can be certain.

Great room , but why is the print on the Titanic poster backwards?

Hi Paul,

Technically, it isn't really backwards, imagine that you are standing behind the poster in a light box. Printing on both sides allows the true full colors to be seen and not "whited" or dimmed by the light source that would otherwise occur if the reverse was plain white. If I were to remove this poster and turn it over, graphics and text would read from left to right.

A guy needs a TV to re-play history...you know, war movies.

Very nice war room display. Are those riker mount display cases hanging on the wall? If so, they look great!

Frank

Very nice war room display. Are those riker mount display cases hanging on the wall? If so, they look great!

Frank

Thank you Frank. Yes sir, they are rikers...

Hi Steven,

WOW!!!

CLASSIC WAR ROOM!!!!

The military atmosphere is sensational!!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Thanks Ricardo. I could live in that room.......wait, I do!! :D

Steven,

GREAT room. Very cozy and the use of the wall space is nice. LOTS to see. I like your cabinets too. I also see a lot of your "Imperial" side in there.

I'm also a Titanic fan. As a kid I read everything I could about her. When she was finally found, it was a pretty amazing event for me. The Titanic exibit is here at the Museum of Natural History. I'm planning on seeing it soon.

Thanks.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Steven,

GREAT room. Very cozy and the use of the wall space is nice. LOTS to see. I like your cabinets too. I also see a lot of your "Imperial" side in there.

I'm also a Titanic fan. As a kid I read everything I could about her. When she was finally found, it was a pretty amazing event for me. The Titanic exibit is here at the Museum of Natural History. I'm planning on seeing it soon.

Thanks.

Hi Jim,

Thanks, most of the furniture in there is antique, except for the one tall bookshelf in the corner and the tall curio. The warmth of the dark woods do a lot for atmosphere, and add to the period items. Every day after work, I go in there and just sit for a bit to unwind. Funny how our tastes, and collecting focus changes. If someone would have told me that I would ever collect US again (I did heavily 15 years ago), I would have laughed. Two years ago, my room was loaded with awful Third Reich zinc crapola. Now, the only TR pieces I have are a couple of very rare Wound Badges....Imperial however, well, that has been an unchanging life-long love affair.

I envy your upcoming visit to the exhibition. I can't quite explain my fascination with the Titanic sinking other than to say that to me, it incorporated all of the elements that life consists of. Compressed into a small space of decking in the middle of no where, multiple, and never to be known scenes of the best and worst of humanity were played out. Good, bad, villains, heroes, rich, poor, lovers and enemies....the event played out like a Shakespearean drama on the sea. I guess that it all boils down to my being a sappy hopeless

romantic. Sorry to ramble :rolleyes:

Very impressive. Reminds me of some Historic Society museums I have visited. Great, Ray

donation2008.gif

Very impressive. Reminds me of some Historic Society museums I have visited. Great, Ray

Ray,

That is one of the best compliments that I have received, as that is the approach that I take when collecting - history minded.

Hi Paul,

Technically, it isn't really backwards, imagine that you are standing behind the poster in a light box. Printing on both sides allows the true full colors to be seen and not "whited" or dimmed by the light source that would otherwise occur if the reverse was plain white. If I were to remove this poster and turn it over, graphics and text would read from left to right.

Thanks, love the room just couldn't figure that one out

Paul Conrad
Still looking for quality wings!

www.conradwings.com
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I am bored prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion".
Everything I say is my opinion; the only thing of which I am certain is that there is very little of which one can be certain.

Titanic has interested me since the 4th or 5th grade. I had bought recovered coal and repro third class Dinnerware at a Titanic artifact exposition in Atlantic City years ago. Very nice room and thank you for sharing.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

That's a very nice room with interesting items!

Good Job! thumbsup.gif

Great looking room. If only I could convince the wife into letting me fix the spare bedroom up into one.

~Craig

Steven,

I made it to the Titanic exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science today.

KICKASS!!! twothumbup.gif

I got to touch the Titanic!! They had a piece of the hull you could actually touch. Sorry folks, but after a life long fascination with this ship, it was a big deal.

They also had an IMAX movie, "Ghosts of the Abyss". Just fantastic. A thoroughly great day!!!

Steven,

I made it to the Titanic exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science today.

KICKASS!!! twothumbup.gif

I got to touch the Titanic!! They had a piece of the hull you could actually touch. Sorry folks, but after a life long fascination with this ship, it was a big deal.

They also had an IMAX movie, "Ghosts of the Abyss". Just fantastic. A thoroughly great day!!!

jeal0001.gif Wow....to touch an actual piece of the ship. I do indeed share your enthusiasm, as it would be a very memorable moment for me as well. thumbsup.gif

Beautiful looking room.

I love the mood.

Stephan

"Did Americans want heroes ? Well, we were willing at that point to be satisfied with survival."

Looking for 45th, 86th Infantry Division and 106th Cav items.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif