1926 Officers Droopy Collar EGA for service uniforms

bobgee

Gary got me looking at the size of the 1930-37 collar droopy wing egas I have. Initially I thought that the Meyer Fire Bronze pieces were the same size as the EM insignia. On second look I saw that the globe on the unmarked em piece IS slightly smaller than the Firebronze. However the Meyer Fire Bronze is the same size as an H-H marked piece WITH applied continents which I have. I've scanned them below: The EM piece screw post unmarked is on the left; Meyer Fire bronze in the center; H-H on the right. Maybe it's time to invest in a micrometer! Thanks......Semper Fi....Bob 1644187 - 0104109

EGA_Droopy_Size_Comparison.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

Bob, all are drop dead beautiful, esp the emblem on the far right. Can you post picture of it (on its own, with no others) front and rear on seperate post. Thank you, Darrell

BTW; I have posted comment on your previous "fire bronze" enlisted emblem of yesterday. We need to look into the subject of these "hallmarked private purchase" EM emblems much deeper. think.gif

Here it is. I left it on the O/S cap on which it came; belonged to Col (later BGen Ret) Frank Schwable (1929-1959).

post_503_1184796165.jpg

post_503_1184796126.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With all the variations of different makers, I thought I'd show three variations of just plain unmarked issue enlisted service droop wings. For just these plain issue ones, it's interesting that there are all these variations, and I'm sure others.

Steve

post-1105-1185652159.jpg

post-1105-1185652184.jpg

camelgreen44

You Fellas really got me hooked today, I've been digging mine out and trying to research them here. Guess thats what its for... Found this one a few years ago for 2.00, did'nt know anything back then , and not much more now! Denny

post-334-1185656997.jpg

Here's another I have in a group to a career officer who served from 1919 through WW2. Same as the previous also by H-H but made in clutchback not screwback (or center post). One of the clutch posts is missing. Scanned this at 600 dpi so it's nice & sharp.

Wulbern_Droopy_collar_left_600.JPG

I've never seen a clutchback EGA that old. Generally only at the end of WWII is the earliest. wow

teufelhunde.ret

With your hallmarked officer's emblem shown, we can now say with certainty, these clutchbacks were on the scene in the late 20's. The question remains, when did they first appear... and on what? Thank again Bob, more wonderful knowledge gained here.