Members Reproductions

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the original finish what was left of it was in poor condition & the remaining cork had been sanded off by who ever applied the finish i removed from the pics it looks ok but in hand it was a right mess so i did my best to restore it :blushing: :unsure:

Regards Nick

the original finish what was left of it was in poor condition & the remaining cork had been sanded off by who ever applied the finish i removed from the pics it looks ok but in hand it was a right mess so i did my best to restore it :blushing: :unsure:

I see. at least you took photos :D

donation2010.gif
SAM_0066.jpg

SAM_0067.jpg

SAM_0068.jpg

SAM_0069.jpg

SAM_0070.jpg

Werlcome to the club Mate, vast improvement,you just need to weather it ,and perhaps add some dirt to give it a bit more age :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

" Nuclear war,ruins your day".

Unknown.

I'm gonna play as well... let me find a decent FB shell first.

That would be good,I look forward to seeing the before and after shots :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

Unknown.

Werlcome to the club Mate, vast improvement,you just need to weather it ,and perhaps add some dirt to give it a bit more age :thumbsup:

cheers mate

im in the process of trying out some different ways of aging it i'll post some more pics if all goes well :thumbsup:

Regards Nick

Hey fellow restorers, I recently repainted this helmet shell and it is kind of a combination of my style and Gaz's style. I painted it and then used my super secret aging techniques :rolleyes: . I will be completing this helmet (adding liner, chinstrap etc.) and putting it on the "for sale" page however, I wanted to ask you guys if I should put an insignia on it I.E. medic, ranger, officer etc? -Grant

DSCF3631.jpg

DSCF3638.jpg

DSCF3640.jpg

DSCF3646.jpg

Do something different. Everywhere people look they see Ranger,Medic,and Airborne.

Right off the top of my head I can't think what to tell ya. If you do one thats out of the

ordinary though and you do a real good job on it you'll probably wanna hang on to it.

I just can't wait to see how you do.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

That's very true but, I'm not looking to keep this one. What insignia would someone want to buy :think: ? -Grant

Well since you ask,how bout 2nd Inf. Div. With that war bonnet indian head on a black background.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I say 1st ID, or to be different, Naval Beach Battalion!

I have a movie set repro that has a grey band around the rim, and I wanted to give a go at making it a 7th NBB lid, with Red Arch and numberal 7. Just don't have the time.

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Hi Grant.

Mate, that is an excellent job, and i'm pleased you borrowed my "don't paint the rim technique. :thumbsup:

I have a couple of shells knocking about the house, so i'm, gonna try and be a bit imaginative for my next project,watch this space ;)

Restorers of the world unite :lol:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Guys,

I just acquired a Schulter front seam, swivel bail the other day, the paint isnt that great, look like someone held the thing over a fire so I am considering doing a refurb/reproduction paint up. I'm thinking of doing a four panel medic job on it. Either way, whats the best paint that looks "authentic" (I'm not going to age it, but don't want some high gloss crap either) in terms of color and texture for the white panels and red crosses? Some sort of flat acrylic?, I'm hoping to be able to grab the paint at a craft store and work on it this weekend. Thanks

OB

PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC

U.S. ARMY/MA NATIONAL GUARD - 1/182nd Infantry Regiment

W6 - FD343NY - C9

"Nec Aspera Terrent"

www.seanophotography.com

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif