Members Reproductions

hiya Rich

i was thinking about doing that but im not sure how to go about getting that kind of ware to it so it looks well used & handle ????

Regards Nick

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just getting this ready to be striped & got a good look inside the shell i knew about the name STEIN but in very faint writing the name RICHMOND also appears :D

PIC_1929.jpg

PIC_1927.jpg

Regards Nick

well guys here it is i did it yesterday theres plenty of original paint but its been sanded down so no corking left really & it looks to have the number 77 stenciled on one side & before anyone jumps on the idea of the white paint being snow camo its not its just the under coat applied by who ever did the textured finish. im going to attempt to redo it my self by using Grant G.'s method but i do have another problem the part of the chin strap that has the buckle has been cut short by who ever originally attached it so i can re-attach it the way it should be as its now to short :pinch:

SAM_0026.jpg

SAM_0027.jpg

SAM_0028.jpg

SAM_0029.jpg

Regards Nick

Hi Guys.

You may remember my recent post,concerning the hideously, Neon painted M1.

As promised here's the end result, fully restored,over the past week,requiring lot's of cork, cursing. ;)

Whatcha reckon Guy's,any good?

Phew, restoring is not as easy as ,I anticipated :thumbsup:

post-9558-1273929401.jpg

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

" Nuclear war,ruins your day".

Unknown.

post-9558-1273929503.jpg

post-9558-1273929518.jpg

Stripped of Neon paint, revealing some Rank markings.

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

Unknown.

post-9558-1273929604.jpg

Rear marking,any ideas?

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

post-9558-1273929664.jpg

post-9558-1273929654.jpg

This is a coat of Anti- rust, Matt brown paint, a well known brand,available from good DIY shops.

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

post-9558-1273929814.jpg

Second coat of Matt brown paint applied,covered in cork whilst still wet.

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

post-9558-1273929971.jpg

post-9558-1273929951.jpg

Finished product, and a close up of finish.

BTW-Thanks to Grant for the inspiration,and great cork tips.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Hey Gaz it looks like the top portion of captain's bars. -Grant

Hi Grant.

Thanks, I really cant work out what it is/was, I looked in Helmets of the ETO, on page 64,there a French M1,with a horizontal 2nd Lieutenant, marking...........which looks vaugely similiar........but it could be a Capt bar.....or something else,pity it's not clearer.

Thanks again for your comments Mate. :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

good job! it looks very close to the original WWII finish!

I would let it bake out in the sun to harden the paint and let it get a little weathered & dusty and maybe add a net

leaving the seam unpainted with some shiny steel showing adds a touch of authenticity, so it doesnt look like it was just painted.

:w00t: Bravo Gaz I love it! Looks great! -Grant

Hi Grant.

Thanks, and it's down to you really for the inspiration, I'm glad you shared your cork tip's, awhile back :salute:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

that looks so much better mate nice job :twothumbup:

Thanks Mate, I'm glad you like the result, it was a faff, but worth it :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

good job! it looks very close to the original WWII finish!

I would let it bake out in the sun to harden the paint and let it get a little weathered & dusty and maybe add a net

leaving the seam unpainted with some shiny steel showing adds a touch of authenticity, so it doesnt look like it was just painted.

Hi Bolo.

Thanks, especially for the compliment on the finish, I will take your Advice, and leave this lid, outside to weather :thumbsup:

And I'm glad you noticed the little touch's , like leaving the rim unpainted, I must admit I did plan this one out fairly well,so again thanks for your approval :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

I was thinking the same thing with the rim. Gonna have to keep an eye out for it now, so it doesn't become a EG product in the end, heh :P

Seriously, looks the bees knees. Wonderful out come on it, and makes me want to give it a go one of these days.

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I was thinking the same thing with the rim. Gonna have to keep an eye out for it now, so it doesn't become a EG product in the end, heh :P

Seriously, looks the bees knees. Wonderful out come on it, and makes me want to give it a go one of these days.

Hiya Mate.

E.G......Hmmm.....there's an idea......I could paint a 2nd Ranger marking on the back.....whack it on Ebay......watch the the money ,roll in...........

"What do mean the paint still smells"....." No, it an original smell of Normandy"......

" Is,this a fake"......"Certainly not, it came from a house clearance sale, and was in a box,since 1945"......... :think: :blink: :thumbdown: :crying:

Second thoughts..... " Nah, sounds like to much dishonesty to me,and I am an upstanding member of my community,I gotta a rep to think of ya know :w00t:

Anyhoo, thanks for spotting my little Authentic touch,and your comments.

Cheers Dude :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Aww shucks :blush:. I'm glad i could help, It really looks tip-top! -Grant

Credit ,where credit is due ,my friend ;)

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.