too good to be true SOG 1-0 vest!!! REPO!!!!

pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67

well, like the title said, it was too good to be true, sadley I thought this was a real 1-0 vest, sure looked good in the photos just like the one that sgt hulka sold last year, oh well, at least Ive got a cool repo 1-0 to run around in, maybe I should dye it black? LOL

P

BsoDCGkKGrHqQOKkEvPnWIPpBL5VW9qNw_3.jpg

BspCGwBWkKGrHqIOKiwEvN0B3mmBL5VYHLy.jpg

vintageproductions

Paul-I looks like one of the ones the seller in Thailand has on Ebay. Probably doesn't have the right interior pockets, right?

You should save your money for better items, like a Naval Advisory Group commander's wall hanger.

pwmiraldi67
O no sorry to hear that Paul....was this the one you were telling me about?

Cody

hey Cody, thats the one!! thought it looked good, so I made him an offer, oh well win some loose some :)

pwmiraldi67
Paul-I looks like one of the ones the seller in Thailand has on Ebay. Probably doesn't have the right interior pockets, right?

You should save your money for better items, like a Naval Advisory Group commander's wall hanger.

Your right Bob!! But it did have photos of the inside and it does have zippered pockets, the only thing I saw different were the side take up tabs look like the ones on the ARVN ruck. Id rather have bought a fake, than let a real one slip by for cheap.

oh well

paul

Paul ,

Looking from these far away shots I can see its a repo .

Everything is wrong , from color , wear , the SQUARE zips , to buttons .

Was this bought as a 1-0 vest from the guy OR as something else ?

You already have a couple right ?

Lesson to be learned here ...................

Even the most experienced collector can sometimes be fooled by sweet talk and crappy pictures.

owen

vintageproductions

Another instance where you have to believe the old saying " That if it is too good to be true it usually is".

Did the seller try to pass it off as a 1-0 or did they say it was something else?

well just to add my opinion to this topic.I bought last year from the same seller one of this 1-0 vest,it was just few weeks after the Ebay auction of the real (and nice )one.

I just bought it because it seems quite a good repro,never thought for a single second that it could be real.

Mine looks inside and outside as the real one I saw in Sgt Hulka auction,that is has also the inside pockets.Of course when looking at the details it easy to see it's new.

I remember the seller did not state that's an original VN war era piece,neither writes clearly that it's a copy,maybe or maybe not.Let's say he leaves a lot of freedom to interpretate his auction......

In the end I bought it hoping that someday I'll be able to get a REAL one.

Beau-Brummel
I've seen one listed by the seller previously. I don't think that he sells the item as a 1-0 vest, I remember 'USAF' being in the title...

Going off Paul B's Modern Forces website, I think he has one too:

http://www.modernforces.com/fieldgear_10_vest.htm

The Hulka vest which paul also shows Is the one that has been copied for the details. The repros didn't used to have the Internal pockets but they do now as there were very good pictures in that listing.

Our Oriental friend's usual listing title Is "unknow Vest", thus allowing the buyer to make up his own mind. "Unknow" My Arse!

I've seen one listed by the seller previously. I don't think that he sells the item as a 1-0 vest, I remember 'USAF' being in the title...

Going off Paul B's Modern Forces website, I think he has one too:

http://www.modernforces.com/fieldgear_10_vest.htm

Mine def a repro but knew that as its for re-enacting and cost $30. Wrong material, zips and waist adjusters etc

Mine def a repro but knew that as its for re-enacting and cost $30. Wrong material, zips and waist adjusters etc

whats going on with that new Bollenbach grouping? good to see it wasn't broken up.

nguoi tien su

It was done in Vietnam. "USMC Green Vest Jacket Vietnam made From Vietnam War" is the description, no 1/0, no SOG reference.

I had it in my hands last month. The material is rather thick but it is really well done, perfect for reenactment.

BTW, it was first a special order from a dealer. Then the seller reused the design for his own business.

Corpsmancollector

Thought so Paul. Your site was where I originally saw the vest and then stumbled across another on eBay.

whats going on with that new Bollenbach grouping? good to see it wasn't broken up.

I have another Bollenbach grouping on the way, will post pictures when I get it on the site

nguoi tien su

Getting better and better... Read worst and worst...

I am glad I have one already !

nguoi tien su
Anyone know when these were first made ???

owen

The guy who made them in Vietnam is doing for a few months only (2 or 3 months).

In Thailand they stated earlier, about a year ago.