Let's see your Schipperfabrik US WWI uniforms

Mr. Standfast

Mr. Standfast

Hello,

I have been considering buying a US WWI uniform from Schipperfabrik, but I cannot find any photos on their site that really give me an idea of what they look like (with somebody wearing them). A couple of the photos look good but the men are wearing too much gear to really tell for sure whether I like the uniform. The detail photos on the site are not that great either. I would like to see photos of details like insides, buttons, etc. Comparison next to an original uniform would be neat too. So let's see some photos of your uniforms!

• 1 month later...
Leatherneck-1918

Paul's uniforms are top notch and so are Rick kellers from Great War Militaria i own both and not disappointed by both. I just ordered a set of Paul's P-1917 USMC WWI uniform ( my present to me after being here in Iraq ) and they are good to play around with at Newville and were used for the 90 second movie for Belleau Woods at the National Museum of the Marine Corps at Quanitco. Let me know what you went with.

Steve

I don't own any Schipperfabrik products, but have heard GREAT things from others who do (who are all QUITE discriminating!). Not sure if that helps any, but it's the best I can do.

Steve

I have some. All really good. I love his WW1 US raincoat. You can buy cheaper ones from Hong Kong (German at least), but a lot of the details are wrong, stuff is skimped on, and the fabric not as good. (and yes, the WW1 German uniforms were copied from one of Paul's- down to the stampings. )

An issue with photos of people is that normally Schipperfabrik makes them to your size. But then last I heard he was making some in "standard army" sizes as some people want the "either too big or too small" look. (I supplied him with the orignal WW1 Army sizes so even they are correct).

I have seen most of his uniforms up close and they all look PDG to me. Of course they look 'new' and not 100 years old. Which reminds me of the civil war reenactor who left his rifle out in the mist to get it start rusting and "look authentic..." But a few times of rolling in trenches breaks that new look right out.

I think the only real complaint I have ever heard on his uniforms is that some folks don't measure right (they remember when they had a 32" waist and still think they do), and people who don't read the lead time needed to get one sewn up can be frustrated when it does not arrive overnight express the next day.

I've only ever heard one person complain about him, and the guy's complaint was totally without merit. Some people have to find something wrong with everything.

Look at any photo of Newville and a large number (if not the majority) of uniforms are his.

BigJohn#3RD

You can see Schipperfabrik US WWI Uniforms using the Microsoft Internet explorer, FYI for some reason Firefox cannot access certain pages on their web site.

Regards

John

• 1 month later...
fortworthgal

Nice pics, Sarah! I was definitely checking this thread hoping to see some shots of their USMC uniforms - I keep trying to get my husband to buy one! Mostly because I want an Edwardian outfit to go with it... -_-

• 2 months later...
oskar_2ndchev

Here's a few of me in the officer's version. I also have the enlisted version and both are excellent.

Adam2.jpg

And for a close up:

Portrait1.jpg

I highly recommend Schipper for uniforms. Stay away from the Hong Kong stuff- it's garbage.

• 2 weeks later...